View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 06:16 PM   #1
asd156450l

Default mbt tataga chill

A minute passed. The trapdoor popped up and a head stuck through. Even in the fog, Vendacious's surprise was a fierce hiss. "Peace,mbt tataga chill, sir! It is only I, loyal Jaqueramaphan." The head came further out. "What would a loyal citizen be doing up here?" "Why,复件 (27) air max2, I am here to see you," Scriber said, laughing, "at this, your secret office. Come on up, sir. With this fog, there is enough room for both of us." One after another, Vendacious's members hoisted themselves through the trapdoor. Some barely made it,复件 (50) air max, their knives and jewelry catching on the door frame; Vendacious was not the slimmest of packs. The security chief ranged himself along the far side of the turret, a posture that bespoke suspicion. He was nothing like the pompous, patronizing pack of their public encounters. Scriber grinned to himself. He certainly had the other's attention. "Well?" Vendacious said in a flat voice. "Sir. I wish to offer my services. I believe that my very presence here shows I can be of value to Woodcarver's security. Who but a talented professional could have determined that you use this place as your secret den?" Vendacious seemed to untense a little. He smiled wryly. "Who indeed? I come here precisely because this part of the old wall can't be seen from anywhere in the castle. Here I can ... commune with the hills, and be free of bureaucratic trivia." Jaqueramaphan nodded. "I understand, sir. But you are wrong in one detail." He pointed past the security chief. "You can't see it through all this fog,复件 (89) air max, but on the harbor side of the castle there is a single spot that has a line of sight on your turret." "So? Who could see much from -- ah, the eye-tools you brought from the Republic!" "Exactly." Scriber reached into a pocket and brought out a telescope. "Even from across the yard, I could recognize you." The eye-tools could have made Scriber famous. Woodcarver and Scrupilo had been enchanted by them. Unfortunately, honesty had required to him to admit that he bought the devices from an inventor in Rangathir. Never mind that it was he who recognized the value of the invention, that it was he who used it to help rescue Johanna. When they discovered that he did not know quite how the lenses worked, they had accepted his gift of one ... and turned to their own glass makers. Oh well, he was still the best eye-tool user in this part of the world. "It's not just you I've been watching, my lord. That's been the smallest part of my investigation. Over the last ten days I've spent many hours on the castle walks." Vendacious's lips quirked. "Indeed." "I daresay not many noticed me, and I was very careful that no one saw me using the eye-tool. In any case,复件 (84) air max1," he pulled his book from another pocket, "I've compiled extensive notes. I know who goes where and when during almost all the hours of light. You can imagine the power of my technique during the summer!" He set the book on the floor and slid it toward Vendacious. After a moment, the other reached a member forward and dragged it toward himself. He didn't seem very enthusiastic. "Please understand,复件 (7) air max2, sir. I know that you tell Woodcarver what goes on in the highest Flenser councils. Without your sources we would be helpless against those lords, but --" "Who told you such things?" Scriber gulped. Brazen it out. He grinned weakly. "No one had to tell me. I'm a professional, like yourself; and I know how to keep a secret. But think: there may be others of my ability within the castle, and some might be traitors. You might never hear of them from your high-placed sources. Think of the damage they could do. You need my help. With my approach, you can keep track of everyone.

Sponsored Links