Quick Search

Tibetan singing bowl music,sound healing, remove negative energy.

528hz solfreggio music -  Attract Wealth and Abundance, Manifest Money and Increase Luck

Your forum announcement here!

Free Advertising Forums | Free Advertising Board | Post Free Ads Forum | Free Advertising Forums Directory | Best Free Advertising Methods | Advertising Forums > Post Your Free Ads Here in English for Advertising .Adult and gambling websites NOT accepted. > Post Your Products & Services Here

Post Your Products & Services Here This section is for posting your free classified ads about new products and services, software, ebooks, and more.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:10 PM   #1
pandora10

Default pandora jewelry sale The Solo Voyage Diaries The

Tagged in: cape horn,pandora jewelry sale, Chris Stanmore-Major,pandora set Libya a deafening silence Jody McIn, sailing, Velux
Recent Posts on Sport Barcelona, Madrid, and Radiohead's final sighRugby League: Coaches should not fear the consequences of speaking the truthThe Solo Voyage Diaries: Won't you Charleston with me?iBet: Man Utd to win open gameiBet: Expect an open El Clasico
Speed seems good at the moment – I have cut into Derek’s lead by some 100Nm in the past 48 hours. I must admit I’m not really doing anything special. It’s just as I said before all of the fiasco with the mainsail tear began: there is just a certain amount of learning that has to occur before you can go from crawling to walking. There is still more again before I can start sprinting in the manner of Mr Van Liew. Conditions down here are still stable with 3-4m seas and 25-30kts.  The sky is overcast and the spray is getting cooler every day but the cabin remains above 10 degrees Celsius and I am comfortable.  We do not have a heater on Spartan so extra hats and coats are the remedy if I feel chilly and at the moment I am in the luxury position for an ocean sailor of having all my gear dry after careful management of my wardrobe in the past few weeks whilst on deck,cheap pandora charms Carlos the Jackal the Venezu, and persistent incubation of the wet items on the engine when it is running.  I always wear wet gear as long as I can after I come below to allow my body to steam off as much water as possible – it’s a little miserable but a cup of tea soon cures that and the positive upshot is a plethora of options on what to wear rather than the normal open water condition of, ‘pick whatever seems driest’.
Ah the position reports has just come in- let’s see- 16Nm closer to Derek and 30Nm closer to Gutek. Excellent. Yes, think I’ll just leave things as they are for now.
Not far to go now – Cape Horn is in sight. Three days perhaps and then that fearsome Cape will be spoken of in the past tense – with a merry smile or trembling recollection – I don’t know which yet.  For my part I do not ask on this occasion for the ocean to give it her best shot as I so often have before. I fear that in this place of all places her best might be my undoing. So, like many hundreds of thousands of intrepid souls who have rounded this lonely treacherous finger of land before me I make my pleas to whatever angels and demons watch over the lonely mariner that the seas stay calm, the winds blow fair and I can enjoy the experience of a lifetime.
Onboard Spartan I have finally tidied up after we made our temporary shift to a sail loft a few days ago.  With a few decent meals in me and the last of the cigarettes pitched over the side to save me from myself,pandora charms sale Poll alert John Rentoul In, I felt myself returning to normal and suddenly last night found I was picking things up, cleaning tools, sponging the seawater up and straightening things up. It seems I was just waiting for the opportune moment. The effect has been most positive with the boat suddenly feeling fully functional and purposeful again, the task ahead of catching back up with Derek seems achievable and imminent.  It is hard to convince yourself you are professional in anything if you are living like a tramp in a bus shelter even if that situation came about through honest work.
For now the pedal is to the metal- Spartan has not complained once at this new harsher treatment I have laid on her and I suspect she finally enjoying the chance to stretch her legs and show what she can do after too long cooped up in marina’s and dawdling along under my inexpert control. I keep looking at the sail plan and the wind instruments and thinking should I reef?  Should I change down?  And each time I do she lifts her bows and effortlessly winds the dial beyond 20kts and holds it there for a few minutes just to prove a point with never a bump nor a creak nor a murmur of discontent. What am I to do?  I must let her have her head and trust she knows better than I how to claw back the miles. After all she has won this race before- whilst I cannot find the steps to the podium.
Not to tempt fate but looking ahead to the weather on the other side of the Horn it’s looking pretty light at the moment and we could still see some interesting reshuffling of this pack as those up ahead hit it and park up- perhaps my time spent learning how to make my craft keep moving in wind holes on Leg 2 will finally pay dividends…

Sponsored Links