Quick Search

Tibetan singing bowl music,sound healing, remove negative energy.

528hz solfreggio music -  Attract Wealth and Abundance, Manifest Money and Increase Luck

Your forum announcement here!

Free Advertising Forums | Free Advertising Board | Post Free Ads Forum | Free Advertising Forums Directory | Best Free Advertising Methods | Advertising Forums > Free Advertising Forums Directory > Message Boards Directory

Message Boards Directory These are similar to forums, but the posts are listed in chronological order and not by category. They also dont require any registration.

Old 07-23-2011, 07:15 AM   #1
victo0fas

Thumbs up Why Would Anyone Choose to Become a Doctor? - NYTimes.com

You hear it all the time from doctors — they would never choose medicine if they had it to do all over again. <a href="http://www.nfljerseys-supply.com/"><strong>Authentic MLB Jerseys</strong></a> It's practically a mantra, with the subtle implication that the current generation of doctors consists of mere technicians.When I first started in practice, I found such comments both perplexing and annoying. I loved medicine and was excited to come to work every day. I considered those naysayers jaded has-beens, fusty old-timers pining away for the nonexistent "days of the giants."However, as the years have passed, the warts of medicine have grown more conspicuous to me. During some of the more stressful days — crushed by impossible time constraints and ever more onerous bureaucratic demands — I can't deny that the thought of giving up clinical practice has crossed my mind. Life would be so much easier….Yet, each year, a new wave of enthusiastic medical students floods our clinics and our wards. Part of me always wonders: Why do these students still choose to become doctors?It certainly can't be the money — Wall Street is the faster and more reliable route to wealth, as evidenced by the skyrocketing of applications to M.B.A. programs.Applications to medical schools, surprisingly, have held steady over all, despite an exodus of top students to finance and banking. According to the American Association of Medical Colleges, about 40,000 students apply to medical school each year, with some 17,000 matriculating. (For comparison, there are about 45,000 students starting law school each year, and 100,000 starting business school.)Incoming medical students, while steady in their numbers, have had a major shift in their demography. In 1970, medical students were nearly entirely white men. Now half are women, and a third are Asian, black or Hispanic.I recently worked with a third-year student who'd just interviewed a patient with chest pain. The chest pain turned out to be nothing serious, just some acid reflux — a fairly ho-hum case in a medical clinic. But the student's eyes were ablaze with fervor. "This was such an exciting case," she said. "I had the chance to figure out whether or not the chest <a href="http://www.nfljerseys-supply.com/"><strong>NFL JERSEY SUPPLY</strong></a> pain was life-threatening. And the patient was so happy when I reassured him that it wasn't."The awe of discovering the human body. The honor of being trusted to give advice. The gratitude for helping someone through a difficult illness. These things never grow old.But the frustrations of daily clinical life continue to mount. Administrative requirements increase exponentially, while the time allotted for the patient visit remains 15 to 20 minutes. The additional paperwork, electronic documentation, phone calls, insurance forms and quality assurance measures are all expected to be subsumed into the same workday.I once tried to calculate how many thoughts a primary care doctor has to juggle on a given day. (My tabulations came to 550; you can read about it in an article I wrote for The Lancet.) We keep pushing so many more balls into the air that there's no doubt a few will fall. It's this feeling of not being able to do as good a job as I'd like that makes me consider walking away from clinical medicine. I can't countenance mediocrity, and I cringe whenever I feel that I can't get it all done.But then I cringe when I think about what it would mean for patients if doctors walked away from medicine <a href="http://www.jolintsai.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1010221#1010221"><strong>NFL players your enemy 阿里巴巴yfd0853的博客BLOG</strong></a> because of the frustrations.On top of that, I have to wonder about the alternatives if I gave up clinical medicine — pushing papers, sitting in endless PowerPoint meetings, crunching numbers — and realize that I am lucky and immensely privileged to be able to work directly with patients.When I close the door to the exam room and it's just the patient and me, with all the bureaucracy safely barricaded outside, the power of human connection becomes palpable. I can't always make my patients feel better, but the opportunity to try cannot be underestimated.If I'm having a really rotten day in clinic, all I need is one of these new medical students to pop in, even if they make a long day even longer. The fact that medicine is still compelling enough for 17,000 people each year to commit a decade or more of their life to training is inspirational.And when my students and I have our inevitable "career talk," I tell them that there is nothing else I'd rather do in my life than medicine. If I had it to do all over again, I'd end up right here in this office — telling them that there's nothing else I'd rather be doing.Danielle Ofri is an internist at Bellevue Hospital in New York City and editor in chief of the Bellevue Literary Review. Her most recent book is "Medicine in Translation: Journeys With My Patients."

Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2011, 07:49 AM   #2
h1nbvb9b

| Back to logs list

341036 2008 年 07 月 24 日 23:04 Reading (loading. ..) Comments (0) Category: Personal Diary
morning get up,puma sneakers, pack bags, told my parents not to full, fear no place to put things burst. Scolded by parents. To the school and asked what time janitor uncle what guild siege, was driven out of uncle broom with Acura.
to Mai Zaodian, asked earlier years of snow covered with no parameters, and velvet. The boss is crazy. The results did not eat breakfast.
Section history lesson: stay up late the night before at home,puma kids shoes, fell asleep in class, by history always called up and asked: \The answer \
long that running the last section II, a physical education teacher asked the reason, replied: \
III language lesson, writing papers sent down, 0 points, because every word preceded by \
Section biology class, the teachers identified several life on Earth, and the answers to the \forward.
lunch break, went to the * field x cry sell stuff, to be president called President's Office, intends to twinkling of an eye movement did not succeed.
came home from school and saw her mother trying to buy a new gold necklace, said: \
two meals a day without food because, I feel so weak, eyes blur, the solid was determined by the temptation of their light
. Come see my father figure, carrying food, happy group said \
mother to see me so stubborn, to the gas ill. Then I told my father to send her to the hospital, go and see a 10-year-old little brother next door wearing a green windbreaker, holding a toy knife with the other partners in the \God of War can wear, take a kitchen knife? admire, \To the hospital, doctors try to give mother thermometer, said, \n l, his face and suffered a father a few \Dad let me buy lunch to the cafeteria and saw a mouse running across from the side and immediately called out \Beggar children picked up by a run. back to the way dogs see the janitor's room, there are articles, ask yourself is 35, it should be dog, and then unlock it past the rope lock it said: \7,puma speed cat, leader of the motherland to play go, \I just will not let me have fun with the dogs to mutiny,puma 2010, \;
moment is online, network costs are a lot of, is a welcome high-level,puma future cat, school is deserted.
mining is boring, the poor are poor, the task is difficult , the equipment is difficult to get to.
trading is an extraordinary transaction is a careful, Zuma is frightening, Need a lot of.
White is the water,puma racing shoes, and Purgatory is does not burst, the dead king is easy to play, we are not afraid.
curse is a common, language of his XX, PK is a regular, random is a necessary belt.
brother is often called, friendship and loyalty is money, and friends called it, money is not given.
wife is a lot for the purpose of money, the pig 7 is rich, the fight is regular.
murder is happy, and curse is a terrible, killed an angry, Cichou is a necessary reported.
siege is confused, and equipment is often off, the liar is shameless, shouting useless.
soldiers is a powerful, fire is good looking priests are lovely to see that + + + + in.
Master is shameful and roar is useless, a grand is a liar, and everyone is recognized.
publicity is ringing loud, the result is the opposite, the hotline is there, the telephone is unreasonable The.
answer is gentle, waiting is always the Internet is illusory, legend is The evening.
make-up is inevitable, it should be rebuilt, demerits are depressed , the expulsion was deserved