Quick Search

Tibetan singing bowl music,sound healing, remove negative energy.

528hz solfreggio music -  Attract Wealth and Abundance, Manifest Money and Increase Luck

Your forum announcement here!

Free Advertising Forums | Free Advertising Board | Post Free Ads Forum | Free Advertising Forums Directory | Best Free Advertising Methods | Advertising Forums > Post Your Free Ads Here in English for Advertising .Adult and gambling websites NOT accepted. > Post Your Business Ops Here

Post Your Business Ops Here This section is for posting your free classified ads about different work at home and home based business opportunities.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:25 AM   #1
wiooive355

Default Purchase Windows 7 blog lassoing-the-passive-candi

A reader lately posed a query to me in response to my post on energetic v passive candidates. (Btw – read that post,Cheap Office 2010, people! It;s one of my favorites but received some of our lowest traffic to date. You are missing out, especially if you are or ever plan to be a Hiring Manager!) But I digress … The query: Very interesting suggestion that there actually exists passive candidates. How do you go about luring them to investigate your job / position / career? Ooh, good question. I suppose I should first explain a bit more about what I mean by passive vs. active job seekers. Other articles define these terms, but my characterization would be as follows: Energetic Job Seeker – This person may post a resume on a job board like Monster or Dice or proactively submit a resume to an open position. He/she is making a concerted effort to find a new job. Passive Job Seeker – This person is currently employed and not actively seeking a new opportunity. He/she may or may not be happy in his/her current role. Nonetheless, job hunting consumes 0% of his/her time. Now, you;ll notice a large portion of the population actually falls between these two profiles, and I;d be apt to put the remaining people into a slot I;ll call “Somewhat Passive Job Seekers.” Somewhat Passive Job Seeker – This person peruses job listings on an occasional to regular basis, has an up-to-date readily available, and networks with friends and colleagues to ensure he/she doesn;t miss the next good thing. As I said in my earlier publish, most Hiring Managers believe their recruiters only target the Energetic Job Seekers. (Just a thought – wouldn;t that make us passive recruiters?! Anyway … ) Yes, lively candidates are easy to “sell” or recruit … but often the jobs we need to fill require people with different skill sets then what exist in the active pool. When I approach the Passive and Somewhat Passive Job Seekers, I do so carefully. First, I want to gauge their interest and see if I can get them to give me just 5-10 minutes of their time. Most of my initial communication is done via e-mail. I know other recruiters who cold call (instead of cold e-mail), but I;ve found a simple introductory e-mail remits far higher results than a phone call. (I should note I think this trend has to do with my target candidate set. A Marketing candidate may love to get a weird phone call out of the blue, but honestly,Office Standard 2010 Key, how many Developers do you know who are willing to talk on the fly with a stranger … let alone even answer their phone!) An e-mail is much less intrusive, and personally, I know I;d be more willing to return an e-mail with “tell me more” then return a strange person;s phone call. That said, I want to be really careful about my wording since I;m putting my request in written form. Usually the passive job seekers are working in a similar field or technology so I;ll say something as simple as: Hi <name> – My name is Gretchen Ledgard, and I work at Microsoft. I read a little bit about your experience (on the internet, via your whitepaper, through a colleague etc). My team has some current career opportunities based in Redmond, WA, that I believe you may find very interesting given your experience, and I wanted to contact you to see if you might be open to learning more. Although my response rate is really high, if I don;t hear back from the person within a week, I;ll usually send a quick follow-up note just to ensure he received my first message. Often, respondents aren;t interested in talking to me. That;s fine … they may know others who are. I;ll say something like: “Since you seem to be well-connected XYZ industry, please feel to forward my name and contact out to your colleagues and associates.” Good people know other good people. If respondents are interested in learning more, I want to get them on the phone for about 10 minutes, but I want to tread very lightly in my “assessment.” I usually don;t have a resume to review, and since this is a “soft sell,” I don;t need to jump in with, “So why do you want to work for Microsoft?” I know what the answer is going to be, “Um… I don;t. You called me.” Instead,Office 2010 Pro Plus, I want to tell the person about the job opening and gauge his/her interest. If interest exists,Microsoft Office 2010 Pro Plus, I ask more about the candidate;s experience and career goals. A lot of times I find these don;t align with my opening (after all,Purchase Windows 7, I contacted them rather blindly – usually only with knowledge of a job title). From here, I tell them honestly my job doesn;t sound like it would suit their interests, but “Since you seem to be well-connected XYZ industry ….” These folks are also great people to include on a future contact list. They are well connected and at least somewhat interested in a future role with the company. If we do have a mutual match, I;ll try to get them on the phone with the Hiring Manager as quickly as possible. I do this for two reasons: 1) I;m currently playing the role of good cop so I don;t want to jump into interview mode and scare them away, and 2) the HM can sell the opportunity a hell of a lot better than I ever could. I should note that having a well known and mostly respected corporation behind me helps in the sell. I;ve never been anything but a corporate recruiter so I;d love to hear how independent recruiters approach this situation. The Microsoft name (most of the time) assists tremendously in getting the passive job seekers on the phone … the hard part is finding them. :( gretchen P.S. And here;s a shout out to my Dad, Alec Garland, back in my hometown of good ol; Manchester, Tennessee. He told me today that he enjoys my writing style but my content is “over his head” and he “couldn;t care less about resume tips.” Better hold on to that job, huh, Dad?

Sponsored Links