Quick Search

Tibetan singing bowl music,sound healing, remove negative energy.

528hz solfreggio music -  Attract Wealth and Abundance, Manifest Money and Increase Luck

Your forum announcement here!

Free Advertising Forums | Free Advertising Board | Post Free Ads Forum | Free Advertising Forums Directory | Best Free Advertising Methods | Advertising Forums > Other Methods of FREE Advertising > Safelist Directory

Safelist Directory Safelists will also work if you use them. The bigger the list the better isn't always true... sometimes the smaller lists can be just as responsive if not more. It all depends on you and your dillegence.

Old 05-24-2011, 03:00 AM   #1
xianzhai369

Default Office 2010 Standard Product Key blog gretchen-say

This week, I attended Microsoft’s International HR Conference, a gathering of the company’s HR workers from all over the world. Today, during my last break, I snuck way to a kiosk to check out the goings-on in the blog world. A trip to Robert Scoble’s blog delivered this juicy headline: Zef says Microsoft can’t hire great programmers.

Let me tell you – after three days of rousing speeches by key executives like Steve Ballmer, detailed discussions surrounding our organization’s strategies and initiatives for the next year, and declaring my profession about thousand times (“Hi. I’m Gretchen,Office 2007 Standard Key, and I am responsible for hiring great technical talent!”), my first reaction to this headline was: “What the <expletive deleted>?!” Followed by: “Who the <expletive deleted> is Zef?” And then: “What the <expletive deleted> does Zef know?”

I quickly scanned Scoble and Zef Hemel's entries, but as my next session was ready to begin, I couldn’t devote much attention to the read. And I walked away still piping mad.

After the conference, I was due at obedience school with my puppy, and since Josh was playing a baseball game, that meant, between work and home and home and school, I was stuck in the car by myself for about an hour - just processing that little amount of information over and over in my head.

I hate when I obsess over things.

Upon returning home, I had the opportunity to read Zef’s post in more detail, and in fact, I mostly agree with everything he said. Here are my thoughts:

Zef writes:

How do you recognize great programmers? And if you’re able to find them,Office 2010 Standard Product Key, how do you get them to work for you? The first question is hardest, if not impossible to answer. The second is easier to give, but isn’t enough for some companies (particularly: Microsoft) to actually get the programmer to work for them.

I couldn’t agree more. Recognizing (or “identifying,” as I like to call it) great technical talent can be difficult, but for a company like Microsoft, Zef is right – it’s very difficult to lure that talent out of hiding. I use the word “identify” instead of “recognize” because I think recognizing talent is the easy part from the job. And, contrary to what Paul Graham (and a few others, judging from the comments on Scoble’s blog) believes, you don’t have to be technical to recognize technical talent. Fully “evaluate” technical talent? Yes,Windows 7 Key Sale, I give you that. But recognize and identify it. No. Trust me. I can do that.

In fact, I know exactly where the talent I want exists. I agree with Zef; it exists in the open source community. But it also exists within the walls of other first-party, commercial software companies. And that talent is deeply buried.

Once you’ve recognized where your talent pool exists, identifying specific talent is tough. It’s much easier to identify talent in the open source community, and (since I realize the limitations of not being technical do not fully allow me to evaluate talent), we (as in Microsoft as whole) rely heavily on our workers and MVPs to assist us in calling out and referring that talent.

Identifying talent who may currently work at other commercial software companies is much more complex, and that’s the problem recruiters struggle with every day. How to I lure the happy-go-lucky programmer at Company XYZ out of her coding utopia long enough to grab her attention? Better yet,Office Ultimate 2007 Product Key, how do I find her at all? She’s a secret agent, leaving no clues to her whereabouts or even her existence in the first place. What’s the value proposition for this person to give a damn about Microsoft? That’s the riddle I have to solve.

Zef goes on to write:

So, what can Microsoft do about this? Well, they can launch more recruiting initiatives, but, most likely great programmers won’t even notice them. If they see “Microsoft” in a job ad, they’re not likely to read it.

Yep, my sentiments exactly. Microsoft pays me to devise and deploy “recruiting initiatives,Office 2010 Standard Product Key,” but I’m not naive enough to think a job posting is going to attract anything but flies. In this age, a successful recruiting effort must not only be highly innovative but also incorporate real “depth” into its message. Silly recruiters saying “here’s a free t-shirt” just don’t cut it anymore.

(Update 9/24: I realize my “flies” comment above may not come across as I intended. It was not my intention to characterize our applicants as bugs. I am very passionate about the applicant experience, and I believe many, many great people apply to Microsoft via our job postings. I was trying (badly) to spin-off of the old saying: “You can attract more flies with honey than with vinegar.” Job postings are the ultimate honey, and they attract a wide spectrum of people – some who are qualified; some who are not. Job postings play to the “volume” game. But what they don’t attract is that breed of insect who is not attracted to honey, and that’s still a large chuck of our potential candidate population. Job postings serve their purpose, but you must employ other tactics as well. Again, I did not mean to offend anyone, and I sincerely apologize if did.)

Now, here’s where I disagree with Zef. He writes:

Possibly Apple hired better or smarter programmers [than Microsoft.] How come Apple hired those great programmers and Microsoft didn’t?

Ok, Zef. Gotta disagree with you on this one. There is nothing to indicate Microsoft hasn’t historically and doesn’t continue to hire top technical talent … and I believe we do this, at least, on par, if not better than our competition. (Ok – except maybe Google. But they are the company du jour.)

Let’s look at the scale we are talking about. According to Hoover’s Online, Apple’s employee base in 2003 was ~11,000 workers. Microsoft’s was ~57,000. At this moment, Apple has 88 jobs open under the category “software engineering.” Also right now, Microsoft has 1210 “software engineering” (development, test, and program management) jobs open – and that number doesn’t count jobs reserved for college hires or jobs based outside the US. We are dealing with strikingly different numbers, and while I don’t dispute that Apple may have stolen a few great candidates from us here and there, Microsoft definitely hasn’t fallen behind in the war for talent.

Heck, based on these numbers and my company’s expectations of me, I’d be Apple’s sole technical recruiting force. Luckily, I have about 70 other technical recruiters to help me out!

And trust me; I will not let Microsoft hire anyone but the best.

gretchen

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2011, 03:07 AM   #2
g6wyu3lf
Brigadier General

g6wyu3lf is on a distinguished road

| Back to logs list

Reprinted from 335776637 at 05:47 on October 26 2010 read (loading. ..) Comments (0) Category: life feeling
really love you boy, always like to call your wife may feel vulnerable when every heart, or will call you with the baby -
really love your boy,我宣布抵制奥运会赞助商 - Qzone日志, though want to hear you say to him \
really love you boy, although there is a long time he could not see you, but you will find his cell phone is that you save all the information sent to his ambiguous -
really love your boy,new new balance shoes, he would deliberately say that you should listen to him sing, in fact,2010.10.1-2010.10.4 - Qzone日志, he prefers that you dispute with his hair in a lovely gentle temperament -
really love your boy,小黄飞经典语录 - Qzone日志, though his lips do not care about you and the other boys said contacts, but whenever there is a strange man in contact with you, he will lock together secretly to eyebrows, because he cares for you ; -
really love your boy, he was not afraid you are angry, afraid that you had made a temper after the gas is still ignore him,new balance running shoes, the boy's feelings are equally fine -
really love you boy, every day his mind was full of you, even when walking threw a somersault, up and patted the dust off after the mouth is still smiling, because he misses You -
really love your boy, he will put your photo in his wallet, always carry them everywhere with you -
really love you boy, sitting on the bus will also share with you think of the congestion, because he likes to listen to your breathing at close range -
really love you boy, when his eyes are dull dinner, the opposite is not you, do not mouth the taste of rice -
really love you boy, his daily life will be very positive, because he loved the girl wants to see is the sun itself. -
really love you boy,new balance mens, in bed at night when you can not help but to guess in the end the day off good, Why do not you do not sneeze is not easy to think of him - \/ p>
really love your boy, he will find the number of the stars in your sign, because you brought back thoughts of his long. -
really love your boy,new balance 574, he will not easily show his softer side to you, although he can not give you anything, but he will do his best to protect you - \p>
really love your boy, he would in his most helpless when I think about you, not what you want to you to help him,new balance shoes, just hope you do not worry about his own -
really love your boy, he would drop his first cry tears for the girls to you,new balance sneakers, because he is so cherish you -
-
g6wyu3lf is offline   Reply With Quote