Quick Search

Tibetan singing bowl music,sound healing, remove negative energy.

528hz solfreggio music -  Attract Wealth and Abundance, Manifest Money and Increase Luck

Your forum announcement here!

Free Advertising Forums | Free Advertising Board | Post Free Ads Forum | Free Advertising Forums Directory | Best Free Advertising Methods | Advertising Forums > Other Methods of FREE Advertising > Guest Books Directory

Guest Books Directory Here is a great way to get some inbound links to your site, and message heard by people who also post and read these books. (Tip: Dont use your real email address on them)

Old 04-24-2011, 03:59 AM   #1
tools203

Default Microsoft Office Professional 2010 The Gulf Oil Sp

Oil spills destroy ecosystems and kill wildlife,Buy Office 2010, but people's wellness is directly affected too. As the situation in the Gulf Coast unfolds, the local communities and workers must be protected.
Oil is semi-volatile, which means that it can evaporate into the air and create a heavy vapor that stays near the ground - in the human breathing zone. When winds whip up oily sea water, the spray contains tiny droplets - basically a fume - of oil, which are small enough to be inhaled deep into the lungs. We know that's happening in the Gulf Coast, because people are reporting a heavy oily smell in the air. Already my colleagues in Louisiana are reporting that people in the coastal community of Venice, Louisiana are suffering from nausea, vomiting, headaches, and difficulty breathing. Knowing the well being effects of oil, I'm not surprised.
Oil contains petroleum hydrocarbons,Genuine Office 2007, which are toxic and irritating to the skin and airways. It also contains volatile chemicals, called VOCs, which can cause acute wellness effects such as headaches, dizziness and nausea. Over the long term,Office Professional Plus 2010, many of these chemicals have been linked to cancer, so there are lots of reasons to worry about inhaling them.
Some people are at especially high risk:
Pregnant women - VOCs have been associated with miscarriage, so I would advise pregnant women to leave the area near the spill if they can.
People with respiratory disease cannot afford the additional lung damage from these chemicals, and should evacuate the area if possible.
The EPA is doing air monitoring and posting it on their website, and I will be carefully following the levels of contaminants in the air. I'm disappointed not to see hourly air quality updates,Microsoft Office Professional 2010, since the winds are dying down and shifting, so rapid hourly reporting would help wellbeing workers and local residents respond to the changing conditions.
I'm also worried about the clean-up workers. BP has hired local fishermen to help with the clean-up effort. It's great to provide employment and to involve them in the effort to save the Gulf Coast, but I'm worried. The fisherman have not been fully trained on how to work safely with hazardous materials. Worse still,Genuine Office 2007, reports from our Gulf Coast partners indicate that they may not be getting adequate protective equipment. The clean up workers need respirators with vapor cartridges (and need to be checked for adequate fit). They need heavy impermeable gloves, and protection on their arms. Remember, these chemicals can damage the skin and even be absorbed through the skin. This clean-up needs to be done quickly, but it also needs to be done safely. Eleven workers are already dead from the explosion; let's make sure worker and community wellbeing is protected from now on.

Sponsored Links