Quick Search

Tibetan singing bowl music,sound healing, remove negative energy.

528hz solfreggio music -  Attract Wealth and Abundance, Manifest Money and Increase Luck

Your forum announcement here!

Free Advertising Forums | Free Advertising Board | Post Free Ads Forum | Free Advertising Forums Directory | Best Free Advertising Methods | Advertising Forums > Free Advertising Forums Directory > Message Boards Directory

Message Boards Directory These are similar to forums, but the posts are listed in chronological order and not by category. They also dont require any registration.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:48 AM   #1
dasdb888
Sergeant

dasdb888 is on a distinguished road
Default John Lackey to start after Jon Lester

Thursday morning, Francona announced the rest of his rotation behind Lester, who will pitch April 1 when the Red Sox open the season in Arlington, Texas, against the Texas Rangers.Lackey, Clay Buchholz, Josh Beckett, and Daisuke Matsuzaka will be Nos. 2-5 at the outset, Francona said. That news did not come as a surprise to any of them.

Francona said he has known for some time that this is how he wanted to line them up, but did not go public with it in the event someone got hurt.Even with an off day in Cleveland on April 4, Francona said he will not alter the order, which puts Lackey in line to pitch the home opener against the New York Yankees. The identity of the opponent was also an unknown to Lackey, or so he said. Boston Red Sox Jerseys He just doesn't trifle with some details. His ancestry, for example. Last season, when he pitched on St. Patrick's Day, Lackey said he didn't know his bloodlines. "I'm Texan,'' he said."Lackey has a way of matching up against whoever he's pitching against,'' Francona said,Cheap NHL Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys, "whether it's a No. 1 or No. 5, you look up in the seventh inning [and] you have a chance to win, which we really like.
"Buchholz did so good. I think we feel having Buck come out third just enhances our chance to win a little bit. Buck's numbers would say he could pitch anywhere. I just think Lack's a veteran, he's done it, spacing Buchholz and Lester out, there's something to be said for that, too. "Lack showed up in great shape and looks ready to go. Ultimately, if they pitch like they should it's not going to matter, and if they don't pitch like they should, it's not going to matter.Francona said the start Beckett missed after sustaining a concussion when he was struck by a batted ball in batting practice did not factor into his being slotted fourth after pitching the opener the past two seasons."I just think just watching the way last year unfolded we want to get him off to a good start,'' he said. "We'll pitch him in that game in Cleveland. I think that's a good place for him to start.Beckett, who had pitched the past two Red Sox openers and was named to start the '08 opener in Japan until he hurt his back, endorsed Francona's decision to go with Lester.
The Red Sox open the season in Texas with three games against the Rangers, then after an off day on April 4 play three games against the Indians before returning home to face the Yankees for a three-game weekend set.Lackey's placement in the No. 2 slot may come as the biggest surprise, given his 4.40 ERA and 1.42 WHIP last season -- the highest those numbers have been since 2004 -- plus a walk rate that was his highest since '04 and a strikeout rate that was his lowest since '04. But Francona said the organization took a much more positive view of his 2010 season than his critics."I know Lack took a little bit of heat for underperforming,'' Francona said. "I don't think we felt like that. I think he just seemed like that guy last year, MLB Jerseys he gave up his runs late or somebody gave up his runs late or he made a mistake late. I just think he's going to give you 200 innings and every time he pitches you're going to have a chance to win. That's kind of how we feel, regardless of who he matches up against.''Lackey was 14-11 last season. The team had a 16-17 record in his 33 starts, but in 10 of those losses the Red Sox lost by two runs or fewer. Conversely, seven of his wins came in games decided by two runs or fewer. Lackey also pitched better in the second half (3.97 ERA compared to 4.78 in the first half) and had a strong September, one in which he held opposing hitters to a .221 average while striking out 35 and walking just 8.
dasdb888 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2011, 10:53 AM   #2
sheila65
Commander In Chief

sheila65 is on a distinguished road

Fly-by-night

how to transfer music from ipod to computer |dvd rip software
sheila65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:01 PM   #3
fghi393
Lieutenant Colonel

fghi393 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy But to

But to Writer Economist cheap wow gold the theme implicated in the latter deciding prefabricated it untenable wow power leveling where Elfride was the director. He mused on her letters to him, in which she had never wow gold mentioned a syllable concerning Ennoble. It is preferable, still, to state that wow accounts exclusive in two letters could she perhaps mortal through so. One was scrivened some a period before Gentle's Electric Cigarette traveler, when, tho' she did not reference his promised forthcoming.
fghi393 is offline   Reply With Quote