Quick Search

Tibetan singing bowl music,sound healing, remove negative energy.

528hz solfreggio music -  Attract Wealth and Abundance, Manifest Money and Increase Luck

Your forum announcement here!

Free Advertising Forums | Free Advertising Board | Post Free Ads Forum | Free Advertising Forums Directory | Best Free Advertising Methods | Advertising Forums > Free Advertising Forums Directory > Message Boards Directory

Message Boards Directory These are similar to forums, but the posts are listed in chronological order and not by category. They also dont require any registration.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
kegen87247
Warrant Officer

kegen87247 is on a distinguished road
Default Microsoft Office Professional Plus Windows 98 on S

markikona March 14, 2011 at 09:49:fifteen Pacific
Server 2008
Hi,Microsoft Office Professional Plus,
Not positive if this is actually the suitable position for this, apologies in that case.
We have just lately upgraded to a SBS2008 build from a SBS2003 environment. everything has gone nicely apart from we've got some ageing windows 98 customers (that cannot be upgraded or replaced - extended tale) and I should have the ability to map a network drive.
In the 2003 environment we needed to make it easy for anonymous entry to this share and (risky i'm sure) allow the guest account, nevertheless it worked.
I've undertaken precisely the same here but when I look at and map the drive employing a script I get
Error 55: The specified resource seriously isn't to choose from. The desktop computer that shared the resource could possibly were turned off,Windows 7 sale, or even the permissions might are transformed. For much more info, make contact with your network administrator.
I can ping the server and it resolves to the correct IP address
I have windows XP customers that do the job ok along with the anonymous access I just cannot for the lifestyle of me obtain the Windows 98 ones to connect. I might have assumed that I will need to permit a thing for that 98 consumers to check out the server but all i can see from google success is how to join it on the domain which i never like to do,Microsoft Office 2007 Professional, i just must mape 1 share.
Any support might possibly be dramatically appreciated.
TIA
Mark

ace_omega March 14, 2011 at 14:43:21 Pacific
"how to join it to your domain which i usually do not desire to do"
Why not? You need to accomplish this to check out the Domain sources other smart you might only have the ability to accessibility Workgroup Assets.
markikona March 14,Windows 7 Serial, 2011 at 15:17:41 Pacific
these machines commonly are not PC's, they can be weigh devices in the factory and acquire all of its info by way of an interface with the server which entails mapping the drive. Also there is certainly no keyboard so joining the domain suggests needing a password to log on that is not useful in this circumstance.
Awkward scenario i understand but I just need to get this drive mapped so the machines can see the information they have!
ace_omega March 14, 2011 at fifteen:51:25 Pacific
If that's the circumstance I might setup a shared folder on each and every for the personal computers and replicate the info down to them by running a copy command inside of a batch file and running the batch file every last 5 minutes; instead of mapping drives on them.
You could often setup a simple Workgroup network for these computer systems that get their data from a laptop which is on the domain and copies the information down to a Workgroup share.
markikona March 14, 2011 at sixteen:00:52 Pacific
I had considered that nonetheless it might not be sensible. really hefty set of info and subsequent to no High definition space around the clientele. Why can't I just map a drive? I've looked at other posts with everyday people referring to them having mapped a drive in 98 to a 2008 server (no-one declaring how) so it needs to be possible
ace_omega March 14,Office 2007 Enterprise Key, 2011 at 16:16:twelve Pacific
And they did this without the need of joining the desktop computer to the domain? Hmm, I'll should appear that up. You could possibly consider this...
Just establish a generic consumer and pass the user identify and password as being a part from the net use command.
markikona March 14, 2011 at 16:23:56 Pacific
wish I could but the /USER tag isn't going to do the job in 98. Also it does not even get far sufficient to ask for any kind of authentication. This specific share has anonymous entry rights put together that effort okay for an XP client device which is connected on the network but not on the domain. I just get that error 55 when i look at to map to any share on this server.
Can you share a mapped drive (I you should not think you are able to). I used to be considering utilising the aforementioned XP customer and mapping the 98 boxes to that but I'm unsure how
Windows 98 on Server 2008

« Write text around the screen ... sysprep with answer file ... »
kegen87247 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links