Quick Search

Tibetan singing bowl music,sound healing, remove negative energy.

528hz solfreggio music -  Attract Wealth and Abundance, Manifest Money and Increase Luck

Your forum announcement here!

Free Advertising Forums | Free Advertising Board | Post Free Ads Forum | Free Advertising Forums Directory | Best Free Advertising Methods | Advertising Forums > Other Methods of FREE Advertising > Guest Books Directory

Guest Books Directory Here is a great way to get some inbound links to your site, and message heard by people who also post and read these books. (Tip: Dont use your real email address on them)

Old 05-18-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
stone397

Default Windows Enterprise Key A Little Netbook Experiment

Global Nerdy

Tech Evangelist Joey deVilla on Windows Telephone seven, software program development, tech news along with other nerdy stuff
Just a little Netbook Experiment
by Joey deVilla on January fifteen, 2010
“The Horror! The Horror!”

“d00d,” began the capitalization- and punctuation-free email I received on Sunday Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Key, “coding horror atwood is totaly [sic] waling on ur azz”. Curious to find out specifically how Jeff was “waling on my azz”, I pointed my browser at his website, Coding Horror, one particular with the “800-pound gorillas” with the tech weblog scene and discovered his latest article Windows 7 Home Premium X86 Key, titled A Democracy of Netbooks.
In A Democracy of Netbooks, Jeff rebuts an post of mine from late last May, Rapidly Foods Apple Pies and Why Netbooks Suck. The thesis of my article was that netbooks occupied an unsatisfied, “worst of equally worlds” center ground in between smartphones and notebook pcs: a tad also huge to suit with your pocket, a bit as well small to complete a lot of function on, and sadly underpowered. As I summed it up, “netbooks are like laptops, but lamer”.
Jeff argues that netbooks will be the opposite. He says that by virtue of their lower charge, they’re a democratizing force that supply computing and communicative electrical power to all. Not like smartphones, you’re not in the mercy of the mobile phone company’s month to month costs or contracts (and remember, I’m in Canada, the sole nation inside the globe in which 3-year cellular contracts exist). “Netbooks aren’t an alternative to notebook personal computers,” he writes, they are the new computers.”
Unfortunately, Jeff missed my follow-up to Quickly Foods Apple Pies and Why Netbooks Suck, in which I explained the motivation behind the report:
I feel that there’s a bit as well much excitement about netbooks at Microsoft. I think that part of it stems from the old company mantra, “a computer on every desktop and in every home”. The PC is the Goose that Laid the Golden Egg Office Professional Key, and the closer that a device is to the PC, the more Microsoft “gets” it. I feel that Microsoft sees the netbook as an exciting new space, exactly where I see them as smaller, less powerful laptops. I think that eventually, as technology catches up, netbooks will simply be considered “computers” – just on the modest end with the PC size spectrum, and that Microsoft should treat them as such.
The write-up is also an open letter to Microsoft stating my concern that netbooks are a dangerous red herring distracting us from where the real potential in mobile computing is: the smartphone. It’s an area in which Microsoft had an early lead and dropped the ball. It’s an area exactly where I feel that Microsoft is showing a lack of vision, from Steve Ballmer’s ill-considered dismissal with the iPhone (“There’s no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share. No chance.”) to Windows Mobile 6, which feels as though it was half-assedly slapped together by PDA designers frozen in an iceberg in 2000.

Still, I’m glad that Jeff identified my write-up worth writing about and happy to view that it’s started some discussion.
Ooh! No cost Netbook!
As the hardware sponsor in the Canadian version of Techdays – Microsoft’s cross-country, seven-city tools and technology training conference – Dell provided us with a number of pcs, including about a dozen of Latitude 2100 netbooks. They performed yeoman service as hosts for a rotating slide deck that we’d display between conference sessions, in both the presentation theatres as well as inside the hallways.
Here’s what they look like when artfully posed by a photographer for the marketing material:
By the bye, those bodies are rubberized and have a cross-hatched pattern.
Here’s 1 of the netbooks in action, quietly working as Dylan Smith makes his presentation at TechDays Winnipeg:

…and here are IT Pro Evangelist Rick Claus, me and IT Pro Evangelist Rodney Buike striking a “Charlie’s Angels” pose with the three colours of netbooks we were provided:

On December 16th, 2009 at 4:00 p.m., the very moment that TechDays Winnipeg ended, the netbooks were retired from conference service and all the evangelists team got to pick one particular. Although I’d rather have been assigned the “Dellasaurus” – a 17” monster with quad-core chip and 16 gigs of RAM — I’m not the type to turn up his nose at being assigned another computer. I chose one particular from the Kermit-the-Frog-green ones.
The Experiment

Thus far, my netbook has been relegated to ebook-reading duty and minor else, but in light of Jeff’s write-up, I figured that this might be an opportunity to put it to the test. What if I were to set aside a week to use the netbook as my one and only machine in my day-to-day perform and life? Would I be pleasantly surprised, driven mad, or neither?
Starting on Sunday and continuing through to next Saturday, I will use the Dell Latitude 2100 exclusively. This should be an interesting test, as I will be working in a very number of places:
At my home office At HacklabTO, the Toronto “hackerspace” where I’m a member and which I often use as a coworking space At a meeting with a client On the road: I’ll be flying to Montreal to attend CUSEC (Canadian University Application Engineering Conference) as a sponsor representative and host of DemoCamp. This should be a good test with the netbook under the conditions where it’s supposed to shine.
By the way Office Professional 2007 Product Key, does anyone know what the Canadian domestic flight carry-on restrictions are within the wake of the Underwear Bomber?
Here are its specs:
Processor: Intel Atom N270 running at 1.6GHz with 512K L2 cache and 533MHz bus Chipset: Intel 945 PM/GS Express Graphics: Intel Integrated GMA 950 Display: 10.1” WSVGA 1024 by 600 LED display Other Goodies: Integrated webcam Single-touch screen RAM: 2GB (1GB on-board plus 1GB inside the memory slot) Hard Drive: 160GB, 5400 RPM Wifi: Intel WiFi Link 5100 802.11 a/g/n mini card Battery: 3-cell (there’s a 6-cell available)
When benchmarked using the Windows Experience Index, it yielded a base score of 2.0. Here are its Windows Experience Index subscores (the index rates components on a scale of 1.0 to 7.9):
Processor: 2.1 Memory: 4.5 Graphics: 2.0 Gaming graphics: three.0 Primary hard disk: 5.3
Since the netbooks were being used as secondary PowerPoint machines for TechDays, they already had the following installed on them:
Windows 7 Enterprise Windows Enterprise Key, which includes Internet Explorer 8 Office 2007 (it’s a rare day when I don’t use Outlook or OneNote) Adobe Reader Windows Live Essentials (which includes my workhorse, Writer, a handy and under-appreciated blog site editor)
The software program selection above is probably the sort of thing that most office workers (and students, the market at whom the Latitude 2100 is aimed) would use from day to day. In addition to these apps, I installed some in the tools in the developer evangelist trade:
Visual C# Express 2008 Visual C# Express 2010 Beta 2 Visual Web Developer 2008 Visual Web Developer 2010 Express Beta 2 SQL Server Express 2008 SQL Server Management Studio Express Browsers: Chrome Firefox Opera Safari Adobe Fireworks CS3 (my primary graphics tool) PHP 5.2.12 Ruby 1.9.1 Notepad++
I’ll report on my experiences using the netbook as my primary machine regularly and tell you about the good, the bad and the ugly (or beautiful, because one never knows).
I have only 1 question: Jeff, do you want to try the same thing?
This write-up also appears in Canadian Developer Connection.

Tagged as: Coding Horror, experiments, Jeff Atwood, cellular, netbooks, road warrior, The Netbook Experiment

Sponsored Links