Quick Search

Tibetan singing bowl music,sound healing, remove negative energy.

528hz solfreggio music -  Attract Wealth and Abundance, Manifest Money and Increase Luck

Your forum announcement here!

Free Advertising Forums | Free Advertising Board | Post Free Ads Forum | Free Advertising Forums Directory | Best Free Advertising Methods | Advertising Forums > Other Methods of FREE Advertising > Guest Books Directory

Guest Books Directory Here is a great way to get some inbound links to your site, and message heard by people who also post and read these books. (Tip: Dont use your real email address on them)

Old 04-16-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
proxy855
Major

proxy855 is on a distinguished road
Default Purchase Windows 7 How has the Chevy Volt Dance Af

Dec 16
How has the Chevy Volt Dance Impacted Volt Advertising and marketing?
Posted by Lyle in: Advertising with 112 Feedback

Share:

On Monday I posted a video named the Chevy Volt Dance on YouTube and wrote about it right here. It was a clip of four dancers dancing towards the Chevy Volt theme song called “Chevy Volt and Me” that was performed every hour at the LA Auto Show.
I thought the thing was kind of silly really and made me laugh. What I didn’t know at the time,Office Enterprise 2007 Key, and which is one of the more fascinating things about the Internet, is that the video would “go viral.”
As of this morning the clip has been viewed over 100,000 times, and has received 717 YouTube feedback. It absolutely was yesterday’s most popular video clip in the auto section and has been covered by Autoblog, Jalopnik, Engadget,Office 2010 Home And Student Key, and CrunchGear and even made it towards the front page of Fox News. It has also been covered on countless smaller sites.
This must be a good thing right?
Maybe not. The coverage has been uniformly negative, and often venomous.
Fox put the words “your tax $$ at work” as the caption, for example. The users remarks on YouTube have been extreme as well, and for a very popular video to have an average rating of one star shows it is being enjoyed for its badness.
Here are some typical remarks from YouTube:
…Chevy: Why would you do this? I have only driven Chevy trucks for my entire driving life. Not anymore. I’m buying a Kia. P.S. Fire the advertising and marketing department.
…I have never written, typed or said this in my entire life. I didn’t realize I was saving it for just this occasion…OMG!
…If you think we are impressed, we are. Impressed with the ignorance to stage such a juvenile presentation and the arrogance to do it with our bailout money. Can’t blame this waste on the unions,Windows 7 Enterprise!
…I was 90% sure I’d never buy a chevy volt, now I’m 100% sure.
Now to be fair,Buy Office 2010, GM claims they never intended this to be a widespread commercial about the Volt.
“The Volt tune and dance was meant to entertain and educate families about Volt.” said Volt spokesperson Dave Darovitz. “It takes a complex idea in Volt and boils it down in an understandable and fun way targeted at kids and families who attend the show.”
“It was intended to draw people into the stand and create excitement,” he added.
Newly minted chief of GM marketing and advertising and sales Susan Docherty claimed “I have not yet seen the Chevrolet Volt song and dance but it sounds like I need to spend some time tonight on the web viewing this.”  By now I’m sure she did.  I wonder what she thought.
Part of the video’s failure is the fact that it absolutely was taken out of context.  In fact,Purchase Windows 7, the person who filmed it and sent it to me wrote back “we didn’t think the video would get some of the negative reaction it’s been getting.”  She added “It’s a pity people can’t see the whole thing in context, I mean, it absolutely was an auto show, not an evening at the Met.”
Anyway, it does seem like GM might be going about Volt advertising and marketing in a less than ideal way.  It is a shame to see such a high-tech, groundbreaking and important product trivialized and turned into a laughing stock, but then again maybe all publicity is good publicity.
I’ll close with the excellent Volt commercial GM aired at the 2008 Olympics.  Lets stick to this kind of stuff from now on GM, what do you say?
View Poll
This entry was posted on Wednesday, December 16th, 2009 at 7:35 am and is filed under Marketing and advertising. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both remarks and pings are currently closed.
proxy855 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links