Quick Search

Tibetan singing bowl music,sound healing, remove negative energy.

528hz solfreggio music -  Attract Wealth and Abundance, Manifest Money and Increase Luck

Your forum announcement here!

Free Advertising Forums | Free Advertising Board | Post Free Ads Forum | Free Advertising Forums Directory | Best Free Advertising Methods | Advertising Forums > Other Methods of FREE Advertising > Manual Traffic Exchanges

Manual Traffic Exchanges This is a list of Manual traffic exchanges that you can use to get your site viewed by thousands of people a week. Manual traffic exchanges are better known for quality over the quantity you find with auto surfs. But both are great for generating traffic.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
dindongool20

Default Office Home And Business 2010 blog another-guest-p

Becoming a Software program Style Engineer at Microsoft arrives in all styles and forms. I thought I would give y;all another installment of what it is like to be a “dev” at Microsoft. The writer in this next post (BoB, not a typo) sets himself up really well, so enough of me and on to the post. **************************************** Wow. How do I follow up Lars; entry? How about more of the same from a different guy? Deal? Deal. Forgive me if this rambles a bit, but I;m trying to cover a bunch of the questions that were asked. I am a dev lead (SDE Lead) on the Outlook team. The Outlook dev team is a group of about 40 developers (the whole team adds another 40 testers and 20 PM;s). My responsibilities consist of all the things that an SDE does in addition to managing the time and career of those that work on my team. First, I;ll talk a little about the SDE role, and close with a few words about being a lead. This role is fairly dynamic and changes throughout the different phases of the project. We released to manufacturing (“RTM;ed”) that last version of Outlook in the fall of 2003. Since then, we have been in the planning phase for the next version of Outlook. planning: In this planning time period the SDE;s on the team have been involved in various coding and design tasks. The coding tasks are as varied as the day is long. Some have been involved in code cleanup. We use some internal tools that scrub through code looking for common coding mistakes. These aren;t the kind of mistakes that are guaranteed to cause bugs, but they *could* (uninitialized variables are a good example here). Other code cleanup includes moving to the strictest compiler warning levels and cleaning up all the madness that ensues. A small segment of the dev team works on prototyping early ideas that the product planners and PM;s come up with. A dev will usually work directly with a small set of PM;s throughout the release cycle. Each dev will be assigned specific features to work on and a PM is responsible for developing the functional specifications (specs). These specs define how the app should look and behave with the end user in mind. Near the end of the planning phase, those specs begin to solidify and input from individual developers is solicited. This feedback usually arrives in the form of design critique, reality checks, and SWAG;s (Super Wild-A$$ Guesses [of effort required]). Design critique is usually employed to get another set of eyes on the design, further refining it. The kind of “put that button there,” or, “people will never ‘get; that menu layout,” feedback that makes the product easier to use. Sometimes there are things that we simply can;t do due to legacy architecture, platform deficiencies, or external dependencies; this is where the reality check comes in. After the style is fairly nailed down, devs are asked for SWAG;s. These estimates are used to define how much each of the features costs in manpower. As we have finite resources, these costs (along with test and deployment costs) will determine which features we can code in a given release cycle. Once we;ve decided what features we;re going to include in the project, we enter the coding phase. Early in the coding phase, each developer will write a design spec for each one of their features. In general, these features are small pieces of the whole. A single dev will not own a whole area like “calendaring”, for example. Rather, that area is broken down and several devs will work on it. These specs describe how the feature will be implemented at a somewhat high level. We don;t get into specifics like, “what will the variables be named,” rather we focus on object definitions and how overall systems will be architected. The specs are reviewed in small meetings of 3-4 devs. The meetings focus on having a good style and ensuring that common code is reused and effort is not duplicated. Often times, “code reuse” means using some standard libraries that we have written along the way. FWIW, we don;t use any special style methodology other than tons of peer review. Usually, this style process consumes about 20% of the development cycle. Once these specs have been reviewed coding will begin. Coding generally happens in chunks of several months; each chunk is called a “milestone”. Outlook is written primarily in C/C++, although we;re including some C# in the next version, but only in new features. IMO, most large apps at Microsoft are written in C/C++ as C# is a new language in the grand scheme of things. As features near completion, developers must ready them for submission to the source control system (a.k.a. “checkin”). This includes running suites of automated tests, having code reviews, and having a tester look over a build of the code. The latter is referred to as “buddy test” and is a very important part of maintaining a quality product throughout the development cycle. Once the code is finished and all the above requirements are met, the feature will be “checked in” to the main source tree. We use a custom source control package that can handle the massive number of developers, source files, and binaries that we have. Outlook consists of thousands of source files, millions of lines of code, and tens of binaries. Before I go on, let me address the issue of automated tests. These automated tests don;t appear from the test genie. They come from our hard working STE;s (Software Test Engineer) and SDE/T;s (Software program Style Engineer in Test). Someone asked about the difference between an SDE and an SDE/T. My personal opinion is that an SDE/T is an SDE who;s customers are both developers and testers. They follow the same methodologies as an SDE, but they produce programs which test other programs. They contribute more than you can imagine to the quality of our software program. Automated tests can do in 8 hours what human testers need weeks to do. But I digress… As features are becoming developed and checked in, a magical place called the “build lab” is busy churning out semi-weekly builds of the product. Testers install these builds and enter bugs against them. Developers are free to fix these bugs as they come in, but during the heavy coding phase they usually pile up. Near the end of each milestone we;ll push hard to fix all the bugs that we can. Working late is never mandatory, but we do have one day a week when dinner is brought in for us. If you do need to work late, that;s the night to do it (Thai food is quite popular)! Near the end of the final milestone, we are pushing towards a goal that we call “beta”. The beta stage of a product is where it is stable enough for everyday use. This is generally the point where we release test versions to the public and begin to get feedback. This is where the bulk of our bugs come in and where we find out when we got things wrong in the design or implementation. From Beta to RTM, a dev;s role is pretty much the same: fix bugs,Office Home And Business 2010, tweak the design, and respond to customer feedback. Sometimes we find out that the functional design was wrong. This causes a style change request (DCR) to be filed. It;s put in our bug tracking system like any other bug, but is tracked much more closely by the team as it represents a larger body of unfinished work. Working on a DCR is much like working on a new feature; we go through all the same steps. It;s both stressful and exciting; we have to get a lot done in a short period, but we know it;s making the product better in a specific way. Finally, one day, all the bugs that we can fix are fixed. All the DCR;s are done. All the tests pass. This is the nirvana that we call RTM. We ship the product with a big party, take some time off to recharge the batteries, and start over again. goto planning; Well, that;s the SDE role in a nutshell. I;d love to answer any more specific questions, so please, lemme have it! Oh yeah, I promised some discussion about being a lead. You didn;t think I;d forget, did you? Anyhow, like I said, I still have all the same responsibilities with a few more added on for good measure. For starters, I am a resource for the whole team, using both my specialized knowledge and my experience to save time and educate people. Additionally, I distribute work items and set goals and deadlines for the people on my team, making sure that there;s enough for them to do and keeping them informed about what;s coming up the ‘pike. Using their feedback, I report to my manager how much time we have available, progress, etc. More importantly, though, is that I help my team members along their career path. I try to provide opportunities to allow them to reach their goals. Being a lead is not just about becoming a senior member of the team, but it;s about really wanting to make an investment in the future of Microsoft through the future of your team members. Watch for a future entry about the SDE career path. In closing, let me just say that devs at Microsoft are a diverse bunch. Sure, some of use could use an additional shower. Sure, some of us could get out in the sun more often. Sure, some of us could talk about work less. But you;ll never meet a smarter, more passionate, group of people in your life. We like to have fun, too. :-) Oh, for those that asked, emode tells me that my IQ is 140. Hope to see you here someday, BoB P.S. Random facts about this SDE: Favorite web sites: ArsTechnica, AnandTech, HardOCP, HomestarRunner What;s currently in my MP3 player: Weezer, Saves the Day, James Taylor Favorite food: really good Albacore tuna sushi Favorite pastimes: TV, target shooting, playing my guitar, surfing the ‘net Random thought: forget curing smallpox, the best thing ever created by man is TiVo. ***************************** Gosh you;re good at this BoB! Ever think of having your own blog? That would be some tough competition :-) Anyway, thanks so much for your time. I am sure our readers really appreciate it! zoë

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2011, 08:18 PM   #2
danita7948

Any Proxy Browser is often a proxy device site that permits users to search different web pages without becoming directly linked to them. It is just a program employed by most Net entrepreneurs to advertise and increase their organization. What's good is the fact that hundreds worth mentioning are available over the internet. It is a kind of server that may act for intermediate among clients and various servers. Your customer will first have got to connect to that browser in addition to request with regard to what this individual needs. He is able to request for any certain company,youtube converter, a report, a interconnection,youtube video converter, a website or any resource which is not on his device. The up coming thing any proxy cell phone browser does would be to evaluate that client's request reported by their ordinary filtering regulations. It can in particular,youtube converter, filter targeted traffic by IP methodologies or details. Once that client's obtain is observed valid, the proxy may now conveniently provide him while using resources. There are lots of kinds connected with proxy computers found on-line. You implement any of these depending on your own preferences.
This specific long listing includes caching net proxies, Content-filtering net proxy, Anonymizing net proxies, Aggressive web proxies, Intercepting net proxies among other. If you're having trouble in search of one,video converter, it is possible to always work with forums where it is possible to seek thoughts from additional users. Right here,youtube mate, you may possibly ask all of them for a highly effective site you should use. If you're having doubts within the proxy cell phone browser you observed, you can certainly always read more reviews this server. Perhaps a very important thing about these kinds of browsers is they've no along times not like other web pages. This can help you access all of them anytime in addition to anywhere. These gear have certainly been an enormous aid to many people Internet end users. From serving them of their online organization to simply going to be able to sites which might be blocked through their key server. Locations significant uses of an Proxy Cell phone browser: Keep that users and also the machines guiding it private. Did you understand that by using every website you type in,youtube video converter for mac, you basically share all your existing information for example passwords in addition to usernames? This tool will give you no way for any user once you can to be able to trace your own Internet background easily. Increase your usage of online sources. Sometimes,youtube to video converter, essentially the most annoying component to surfing online is to bide time until it to be able to buffer. Most of these browsers are generally used to be able to cache webpages. These servers make it happen by giving the demands quickly. Censorship in addition to Filtering. Within schools in addition to public personal computers, these browsers can be used to sieve certain web pages or it's content. This permits them to circumvent their end users from getting into inappropriate web pages.
If you hold a organization, you can lids use these kinds of browsers to circumvent your workers from being able to view sites that may cause all of them to be tied to compromising your own company's end result. Accessing hindered sites in the school or maybe workplace. This belongs to the superficial nonetheless fun uses worth mentioning browsers. This function is definitely the face-to-face of just what was mentioned earlier on. Most online community sites for example Facebook in addition to Twitter tend to be blocked about universities in addition to offices. By using these computers, you can simply enter buyer. Proxy browsers can even be useful within preventing your own account within any website from becoming hacked. To be able to audit use. You can by way of example, use these kinds of browsers to deliver your organization with Net employee use reporting. Safe strategy to surf online. You may also use buyer to protect your personal machine from noxious software, viruses and perhaps spyware.