Quick Search

Tibetan singing bowl music,sound healing, remove negative energy.

528hz solfreggio music -  Attract Wealth and Abundance, Manifest Money and Increase Luck

Your forum announcement here!

Free Advertising Forums | Free Advertising Board | Post Free Ads Forum | Free Advertising Forums Directory | Best Free Advertising Methods | Advertising Forums > Free Advertising Forums Directory > Message Boards Directory

Message Boards Directory These are similar to forums, but the posts are listed in chronological order and not by category. They also dont require any registration.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:07 PM   #1
colleqikg

Default Scott Mendelson: A Place at the Table: Patty Jenkins (Monster) in ...

Variety has apparently confirmed that Marvel Studios is indeed in talks with Patty Jenkins to replace departing Kenneth Branagh in directing&nbsp;Thor 2, which is due for release on July 26th, 2013 (review of Thor HERE). &nbsp;I generally don't comment on news about who is 'in talks' or who is 'on the wish-list', but Patty Jenkins inclusion on this specific wishlist is worth commenting on. &nbsp;Jenkins is best known for having helmed Monster, which won Charlize Theron a Best Actress Oscar in 2003 for her portrayal of serial killer Aileen Wuornos. &nbsp;Since that triumph, she has&nbsp;unfortunately&nbsp;been relegated to directing occasional episodes of television, most recently helming the Emmy-nominated pilot for the AMC series The Killing. &nbsp;This is a pleasantly out-of-left field choice that plays to Marvel's greatest strength as a studio, picking talented filmmakers who aren't necessarily known for comic book spectacle and/or <a href="http://www.nfljerseys-supply.com/"><strong>NHL jerseys supply</strong></a> aren't 'the hip new flavor of the month'. While much of the coverage will focus on 'YAY, Marvel is possibly/probably hiring the first-ever woman to direct one of its superhero movies!', there are two things worth noting. &nbsp;First of all, Lexi Aexander, who directed Punisher: War Zone in 2008 (review) is also of the female persuasion. &nbsp;Second of all, the lack of credits on Jenkins's IMDB page brings up a troubling double-standard. &nbsp;Had a male, arguably any male, directed a critically acclaimed and Oscar-winning drama like Monster, they surely would have been on every studio's wishlist for every major project (see Hopper, Tom or Forrester, Marc). &nbsp;But, Jenkins has barely worked in the last eight years. &nbsp;The problem is of course not that there is a&nbsp;fiendish&nbsp;conspiracy to keep female directors out of the big leagues. &nbsp;The problem is that there is an expectation that female directors cannot possibly helm the kind of pulpy, big-budget and special-effects-filled genre pictures that currently dominate the landscape. Why couldn't Sophia Coppola helm the next James Bond picture? &nbsp;For that matter, why can't Drew Barrymore, who juggled a large&nbsp;ensemble&nbsp;cast with the dynamite Whip It (review), take over for the rebooted Fantastic Four franchise? &nbsp;Why did it take Kathryn Bigelow winning a bloody Oscar for Hollywood <a href="http://www.nfljerseys-supply.com/nhl-jerseys-c-27.html"><strong>NHL jerseys</strong></a> to take her seriously? &nbsp;Hell, why has Mimi Leder, who helmed two big-budget genre pictures (the emotionally engaging Deep Impact and the ahead-of-its-time&nbsp;The Peacemaker) been in the proverbial doghouse for ELEVEN YEARS (!!) following the disappointment of the character drama&nbsp;Pay It Forward? &nbsp;She is only just now prepping for her first big screen feature since 2000, a remake of All Quiet On the Western Front. &nbsp;Not only is it almost impossible for female directors to be considered for films that aren't&nbsp;stereo-typically&nbsp;'womens' pictures', but once they do get their foot in the door, it's One Strike And You're Out! (as opposed to someone like Marcus Nispel, who fails with Pathfinder and then is given 90 million to fail with&nbsp;Conan the Barbarian). The real progress of Marvel hiring a female to direct one of its comic book&nbsp;tent-poles&nbsp;is not that a woman is directing a big-budget comic book film (Punisher: War Zone cost just 30 million and more-or-less tanked). &nbsp;It's the potential for female directors writ-large to be considered on the same 'wish-list' as male directors when the next big action picture or fantasy spectacle goes into pre-production. &nbsp;Once we see at least one or two female names on the studio wish-lists for the next 007 film or the next big comic book adaptation... that's real progress. &nbsp;What are your thoughts? &nbsp;What female directors do you think deserve a shot at directing more mainstream genre product? Follow Scott Mendelson on Twitter: www.twitter.com/ScottMendelson

Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #2
fghi617

Smile myself I

myself. I had to wow gold surveillance my normalize buy wow gold Righteous similar I was a girlish cheap wow gold wolfman kinda than a vampire. "I'm cheap wow gold not happy at you, Bella. I'm wow power leveling happy because I am in appal. .