Quick Search

Tibetan singing bowl music,sound healing, remove negative energy.

528hz solfreggio music -  Attract Wealth and Abundance, Manifest Money and Increase Luck

Your forum announcement here!

Free Advertising Forums | Free Advertising Board | Post Free Ads Forum | Free Advertising Forums Directory | Best Free Advertising Methods | Advertising Forums > Other Methods of FREE Advertising > Guest Books Directory

Guest Books Directory Here is a great way to get some inbound links to your site, and message heard by people who also post and read these books. (Tip: Dont use your real email address on them)

Old 03-26-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
wei8xlaiyou
First Sergeant

wei8xlaiyou is on a distinguished road
Default why this is a scam

the worst part about scams like this: those “search engines” they’re submitting your website to? they’re mainly spam centers. so not only is your money being ill-spent on this “service,” but you’ll be inundated with spam emails until the cows come home.
so when someone comes along offering you 500 links for $50 you might think it’s a good idea – that’s just $.10 per link!
sometimes, when you’re clever and create great stuff, links come on their own – and these can be very powerful. but the kind of links you’re going to get for nothing more than a $50 upfront investment are worthless.
of course not.
2) “we’ll submit your website to thousands of search engines!”
why this is a scam
why this is a scam
i had the unfortunate experience of working for a company that offered “50 page one google rankings guaranteed” as an incentive for uncertain prospects. not to say hard work wasn’t being done – it was. but guaranteed rankings are meaningless.
i’m not one to claim that i’ve “seen it all” in seo in my 4-5 years of involvement,coach purse handbag, but i’ve certainly seen my share of scams. and it amazes me: they don’t seem to be going away. some of the oldest and most ridiculous scams are still being run.
there are not thousands of search engines to worry about. there are three. and if you’re really pressed for resources,{but|still|and yet|though|however, there is one – google.
why this is a scam
first off, nobody can guarantee a ranking. secondly, your website already has hundreds of page one rankings. here’s an example: search for “mike tekula unstuck.” i guarantee you unstuckdigital.com (my website) is the first result. shouldn’t it be?
and if they’re still selling that means that there are business owners out there who don’t know better.
4) “1st page of google in 48 hours!”
really? thanks. thousands of search engines sure is a lot. it would probably take me weeks to do all that myself.
ask yourself: if you were google would you want it to be this easy for websites to achieve top rankings? just drop $50 here or there on a few links and bamn,buy louis vuitton handbags, you’re at the top?
1) “x top ten rankings guaranteed!”
rankings have never been the goal. they’re merely a means to an end. the end is leads/sales/whatever your goal is. qualified traffic that converts. a ranking by itself means nothing if it refers no qualified traffic.
go through your own website and put together a list of similar ridiculously obscure keywords. search for them. you’re going to find lots of page one rankings.
how many do you use on a regular basis (at least once per week)?
link building is important – links are the most powerful way to outrank your competitors. link building is also really, really hard.
you’re not unique in this. most people use google – about 70% of people in this country as a matter of fact. something like 20% use yahoo,authentic coach handbags!. 8% use microsoft live. ask.com, dogpile, metacrawler, etc – the handful of remaining search engines collectively get about 2% of search traffic.
here are 8 seo scams that just don’t seem to go away and an explanation of why each one is simply not worth your money.
anybody (yes, anybody) can get to the 1st page of google almost instantaneously, and you don’t need to hire someone to do it.
how many search engines have you heard of?
there’s a general rule of thumb here: the cheaper the link, the less powerful.
why this is a scam
this scam preys on those in a hurry – they’ve got a website, the sales are not coming in and they’re hoping to hire an “expert” to get them visible in search engines quickly.
3) “500 directory links for $49.95″
it’s sad, but there are those who prey on the uninformed. this isn’t unique to seo. it’s an unfortunate fact of life in the business world. honesty isn’t a prerequisite to charge for services.
wei8xlaiyou is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links