Quick Search

Tibetan singing bowl music,sound healing, remove negative energy.

528hz solfreggio music -  Attract Wealth and Abundance, Manifest Money and Increase Luck

Your forum announcement here!

Free Advertising Forums | Free Advertising Board | Post Free Ads Forum | Free Advertising Forums Directory | Best Free Advertising Methods | Advertising Forums > Other Methods of FREE Advertising > Manual Traffic Exchanges

Manual Traffic Exchanges This is a list of Manual traffic exchanges that you can use to get your site viewed by thousands of people a week. Manual traffic exchanges are better known for quality over the quantity you find with auto surfs. But both are great for generating traffic.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:33 AM   #1
gosale999

Default Sony HDR-AX2000- Geoffrey Morrison/CNET

I don't understand why people watch any cable news channel,Sony Z133GX/B, but I guess that's a rant for a different article. Here you see an illustration of what the banners and tickers typical of the ilk look like 'burned in.'
Or this, if you watch CNN:
If you're worried about it, be aware that cable news channels are the worst, as are video games that have anything static onscreen (like a HUD, or stationary avatar). Letterboxed movies have the opposite effect, with the black letterboxes remaining dark while the movie image persists.
Keep in mind,Canon EOS 5D Mark II, these are all illustrations of the problem created by me to demo the effect. The reality is more subtle.
Here's a typical cable news channel with its multiple tickers and banners:
Personally I wouldn't buy plasma or LCD,SONY VAIO VPCZ13EGX/B, but that's just me. I'll stick with my 24-inch CRT computer monitor and front projection for my theater. I say this not to boast, but to explain that I don't have a horse in this race. I'll review whatever technology comes my way and judge it on its own merits. I just can't stand misinformation, which explains pretty much everything I've written for CNET.
Oh, yeah, BTW,Canon HV20, everything 'burns in'
CRTs had burn-in. OLEDs will have burn-in. LCDs even "burn in," though it's obviously not caused by phosphors (of which there aren't any in the liquid crystal layer that creates the image). Don't believe me? When was the last time you were at an airport? Find one of the departure/arrival screens. If they're not brand-new,Sony PDW-F335L, I bet there's image persistence or burn-in regardless of the technology.
What the what?
Burn-in is better described as "image persistence" or "image retention." It results in a ghost of a bright image that was left onscreen too long. Technically, burn-in is permanent, while image persistence is not. These distinctions are lost in current vernacular, but know that when most people talk about burn-in, they're really talking about image persistence. This is because when it comes to current-gen plasma TVs,THINKPAD T400, actual burn-in is highly unlikely and extremely difficult.
The CNN logo,Sony HDR-AX2000, a stand-in here for nearly every TV network's logo. In the early days of HDTV,Panasonic AG-DVX100B, these were often full-brightness.
Lots more info
HDGuru.com: Plasma TV 'burn-in': Fact or myth?
Plasma Display Coalition image retention tests
Imaging Science Foundation: Plasma TV performance (admittedly, sponsored by Pioneer)--PDF
Wikipedia: Screen burn-in
There are plenty of reasons to choose plasma or LCD,Panasonic AG HPX170, but burn-in/image persistence shouldn't be one of them. It is much ado about nothing. OK, not nothing, as it's a real thing,JVC GS-TD1BUS, it's just not the issue some people make it out to be.
So, yes, if you leave a static image onscreen for a few hours, it's going to stay there for a bit. It is NOT, however the end of the world.
How it happens
Image persistence is caused by the phosphors that make the image in a plasma TV continuing to glow after being overly excited.
When you first get a plasma home,Apple MacBook Pro MB471LL/A, depending on the brand,Canon EOS 7D, model, and how you set it up, it's possible you may see some image persistence. It might look something like this:
LCD fanboys cry foul that these features are an admission by plasma TV manufacturers of a performance problem. To them,Sony HVR-V1U, I say,Sony HDR-CX7, what do you think 120/240Hz is? An explicit attempt to "fix" the motion blur problem inherent in all LCDs. There's no such thing as a perfect display, folks; you've got to take some good with the bad.
Check your monitor or laptop's brightness controls. If this just looks like a black box, your brightness is set too low. You should be able to see a faint outline of...well, once you see it...
For many years,Sony HDR-HC7, image persistence was a bigger issue. This evil-sounding "menace" has, ahem,Toshiba M11-S3440, persisted over the years as manufacturers and stores have tried to push their customers into more expensive LCD televisions (which have their own issues).
(Credit:
Geoffrey Morrison/CNET)

Modern plasmas have better phosphors that are less likely to "burn" in the first place. They also include features designed to lessen the chance for image persistence or remove it if it occurs. An orbiter function moves the image around the screen by a few pixels. Hardly noticeable, but it minimizes some aspects of burn-in. Full white or rapidly changing colored patterns excite the phosphors evenly, greatly reducing the time it takes to remove the effects of image persistence.
Cutting through the hype and fearmongering in 3...2...1...
(Credit:
Geoffrey Morrison/CNET)
Based on some comments in my recent article on LCD brightness uniformity, it seems fair to do a piece on that big bugaboo of plasma HDTVs: burn-in.
(Credit:
Geoffrey Morrison/CNET)
Related stories
What makes a good HDTV?
Why all HDMI cables are the same
Geoff's HDTV and Home Theater Resource Center and Infotacular

OK,Sony Z134GX/B, not everything has burn-in. DLP can't,Panasonic AG-HMC40, at least not in the ways we're discussing. More likely, a mirror will stick on or off, causing that pixel to be white or (hopefully) black.
So what is it? Is it something to be concerned about? Can you fix it?
It goes away
Here's the most important fact about image persistence: unless you're overtly negligent, it's easily reversible. With what magic, you ask? Easy, just watch TV. Yep, that's it. Just go back to your regularly scheduled programming (full-screen, non-letterboxed television) and it will go away by itself. Just due to being used, the phosphors will get back in line. Depending on the severity of the image persistence, it may take a few minutes or a few hours to go away.
Think of the phosphors in a plasma like kids. Once you get them riled up,THINKPAD X201, it takes a bit for them to calm back down. Also like kids,Panasonic AG HPX300, as they age, they calm down much faster. As a plasma TV ages (after 100 hours or so),Sony HXR-NX5U, it becomes far more difficult to burn in.
Work at it
Can burn-in be permanent? Yes. But you've got to work really hard at it. As in, you have to either be trying to burn an image in,ASUS G73, or be forgetful enough to leave a single image on the screen for days. Because you have to be exceptionally careless to cause serious burn-in, plasma companies' warranties don't cover it. They also won't cover throwing things at the screen, dropping it in the pool, or lighting it on fire.
相关的主题文章:

This Day in Tech BART shuts down cell service to stop protests Business Tech - CNET News

Are math skills genetic Technically Incorrect - CNET News

Canon HG10-000 depending on the size

Canon XL H1-

THINKPAD X220- the $499

Sony HDR-CX700V-
William Harwood/CBS News

Lenovo ThinkPad T410 2518-C4U- for that--a patent application

Sony HVR-Z5U Mini DV-35 PM Pacific time on Sunday.

Sony HVR-Z7U- 22 Killed

Are math skills genetic Technically Incorrect - CNET News

Toshiba Tecra R840-S8430- one of the brains behind this research

Canon EOS 7D 70-300MM Lens-On Tuesday

Sony Z134GX/B-

Canon Vixia HV30-Indeed

Sony F136FX/H Gray- a richer display

Sony HVR-A1U-

Sponsored Links