Quick Search

Tibetan singing bowl music,sound healing, remove negative energy.

528hz solfreggio music -  Attract Wealth and Abundance, Manifest Money and Increase Luck

Your forum announcement here!

Free Advertising Forums | Free Advertising Board | Post Free Ads Forum | Free Advertising Forums Directory | Best Free Advertising Methods | Advertising Forums > Other Methods of FREE Advertising > Guest Books Directory

Guest Books Directory Here is a great way to get some inbound links to your site, and message heard by people who also post and read these books. (Tip: Dont use your real email address on them)

Old 04-23-2011, 09:05 AM   #1
uioovcfghh
Colonel

uioovcfghh is on a distinguished road
Default Microsoft Office Standard 2010 Accumulator Leak '8

Accumulator Leak '82 4000 Question:
,Microsoft Office Standard 2010
I have an ‘82 4000 4 cyl gas which is leaking fuel from around the adjustment screw on the top of what I think is the accumulator. I have tried to tighten this adjustment screw to little avail. It seems to have two settings now: let the gas pour out onto the ground and let the gas drip out onto the ground (I currently have it set on the later). The database at Autozone doesn’t know what an accumulator is (nor have any of the employees heard of an Audi before, I have to spell it ‘A-U-D-I’ each time I visit or call). I’m pretty new to car repair, but I assume that fuel is _not_ supose to pour or drip from the screw on the top of the accumulator and that all I need to do is replace it. Autozone can order a part called a fuel regulator for $111. Is this the part I need and/or can anyone give me a tip regarding where I should purchase audi parts (Athens, Ohio, USA), used and mail order parts are fine, the cheaper the better. Also, any tips on replacing the thing (if that’s what I need to do) would also be appreciated. BTW: I have stopped smoking in and around the car, and have tried to encourage others to do likewise until I get this fixed. Thanks.
Response:
- Hide quoted text — Show quoted text – >Thanks for the advice Dave. >I did find a picture of it online and it is definately the accumulator >that is leaking. >Does anyone know whether the accumulator is 100% necessary? Is it >possible that I can just bypass it? The desciptions that I have read >of the accumulator seem to credit it with two main roles: 1) to muffle >the noise of the pump and 2) to make hot starts easier by maintaining >fuel pressure for about 1/2hr after the engine has been turned off. >These seem like functions that I could possibly do without. >Any ideas?
well if you bypass it tell us how you do it and how things work out. does it also help maintain some even pressure with the engine running also? hmmm I will have to check on that. later, dave Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris
Response:
- Hide quoted text — Show quoted text – >I have an ‘82 4000 4 cyl gas which is leaking fuel from around the >adjustment screw on the top of what I think is the accumulator. I have >tried to tighten this adjustment screw to little avail. It seems to >have two settings now: let the gas pour out onto the ground and let >the gas drip out onto the ground (I currently have it set on the >later). The database at Autozone doesn’t know what an accumulator is >(nor have any of the employees heard of an Audi before, I have to >spell it ‘A-U-D-I’ each time I visit or call). >I’m pretty new to car repair, but I assume that fuel is _not_ supose >to pour or drip from the screw on the top of the accumulator and that >all I need to do is replace it. Autozone can order a part called a >fuel regulator for $111. Is this the part I need and/or can anyone >give me a tip regarding where I should purchase audi parts (Athens, >Ohio, USA), used and mail order parts are fine, the cheaper the >better. >Also, any tips on replacing the thing (if that’s what I need to do) >would also be appreciated. >BTW: I have stopped smoking in and around the car, and have tried to >encourage others to do likewise until I get this fixed.
If it is truly what you need: Accumulator will be under the rear of the vehicle not too far from the fuel pump and fuel filter. Where is this part you are talking about? IIRC It should have two fuel lines screwed onto it. The fuel pressure (control or warmup) regulator might be bolted to the engine block not too far from the ign. distributor and oil filter housing. 431-133-441C should be the fuel accumulator for the 4 cyl gas FI engine powered Audi 4000. Dealer or good import place that sells Bosch parts can get you one. A good used one is an option, but the years might only be from 1980-1983 in the USA. Might also be some VWs that use it too, such as Jettas or Rabbits, or early Golfs. Spray the fuel lines with PB Blaster or other similar lubricant over a period of days and pray when you take the lines off the accumulator. ;-) later, dave Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris
Response:
> well if you bypass it tell us how you do it and how things work out. > does it also help maintain some even pressure with the engine running also? > hmmm I will have to check on that. > later, > dave > Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, > when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their > shoes. Frieda Norris
Actually, the accumulator can be bypassed. As it is a sort of pressure tank for the system, you’ll find it’ll take a bit more cranking at startup without it. Once the fuel pump has the system up to pressure the accumulator is not needed. Cheers,microsoft Office 2010 Serial! Steve Sears 1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and ‘64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes
Response:
Thanks for the advice Dave. I did find a picture of it online and it is definately the accumulator that is leaking. Does anyone know whether the accumulator is 100% necessary? Is it possible that I can just bypass it? The desciptions that I have read of the accumulator seem to credit it with two main roles: 1) to muffle the noise of the pump and 2) to make hot starts easier by maintaining fuel pressure for about 1/2hr after the engine has been turned off. These seem like functions that I could possibly do without. Any ideas?
Response:
Related Posts
uioovcfghh is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links