Quick Search

Tibetan singing bowl music,sound healing, remove negative energy.

528hz solfreggio music -  Attract Wealth and Abundance, Manifest Money and Increase Luck

Your forum announcement here!

Free Advertising Forums | Free Advertising Board | Post Free Ads Forum | Free Advertising Forums Directory | Best Free Advertising Methods | Advertising Forums > Post Your Free Ads Here in English for Advertising .Adult and gambling websites NOT accepted. > Other

Other Post anything that does not fit in the above categories here.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:48 PM   #1
rdggd27b

Default A&F sweatpants-Daily Jolt- No 'Panic' in Winless Y

Daily Jolt: No 'Panic' in Winless Yankees
The Daily Jolt is a dose of baseball reality every weekday morning.
BALTIMORE -- The big,nike dunk, bad New York Yankees are a big, bad 0-2, and you can bet your next Subway fare there's going to be hell to pay Thursday morning in the Big Apple.
The damage after two games against an Orioles team no one sees touching 80 wins in 2009:
? Yankee starting pitchers CC Sabathia and Chien-Ming Wang have surrendered 13 earned runs in eight innings of working. They've combined to walk 13 and -- most sobering of all -- have yet to record a strikeout.
? Prized $180 million first baseman Mark Teixeira is 1-for-9. He's been booed mercilessly by the snubbed Baltimore fans in all nine at-bats, and Tuesday night he popped out to the left side of the infield three straight times then struck out feebly against Danys Baez before finally slamming an RBI double in the ninth inning of a 7-5 loss to the Orioles.
"That stuff's going to change," said center fielder Johnny Damon in reference to the downright lousy performances of Sabathia and Wang.
He might as well have been talking about Teixeira and the rest of his teammates too.
The New York tabloids are going to rake the Yankees over the coals because that's what they do, but Damon's confidence is well placed. He and the Yankees have nothing to worry about,ED Hardy Shirt, and the point when they do if they continue to play like this is at least several weeks away. Yes, even in the cutthroat American League East.
"It's human nature to want to start out well," said manager Joe Girardi. "Sometimes it just doesn't happen that way."
"It's only two games. It's not like we're 30 games in, 20 games in, that would constitute a bad start."
Indeed it would.
There is a difference -- a big one -- between a team like the Yankees starting 0-2 and a team like Nationals doing the same,Curling Tongs, even though they've played in a similar fashion (poorly). That difference is in the track records of the two teams. Sabathia and Wang have a combined 171 career wins. The entire Washington rotation has 81. Teixeira is traditionally a slow starter, and,A&F sweatpants, at 28,tennis racket prince, there's no reason to expect him not to be the best first baseman in the American League come season's end.
The 1998 Yankees started 1-4 and wound up winning 114 games. More recently, the 2005 Yankees started 11-19 and the 2007 Yankees started 21-29. Both teams wound up playing meaningful baseball in October.
To a certain segment of Yankee fans (and New York writers), though, perspective and context mean very little. And to the credit of the players themselves, they're not running and hiding.
"I don't see any panic here," said Damon, coolly surveying the clubhouse.
Said Teixeira when asked if the series finale against the Orioles Thursday afternoon was a must-win game: "It's very important [to not get swept here],"
But you'll notice he never agreed it was a do-or-die proposition.
"I expect a lot out of myself. I expect to get a hit every time up, so when you don't get one for eight at-bats in a row, it's frustrating," said the first baseman. "One thing I also do realize is that this is a long season, and you can't get too frustrated and start doing things you're not used to."
Teixeira didn't seem too frustrated in the ninth inning, when he flipped over to the right side of the plate for the first time this season and laced a double into right-center field that made things very uncomfortable for Baltimore closer George Sherrill.
The Yankees scored three runs in the final frame -- all with two outs -- before finally succumbing to the Orioles.
"When you lose, you don't really have any momentum," said Teixeira of the rally. "What it does tell us is we can score runs, we've just got to do it a little earlier. We can't wait until the ninth inning."
That will come soon enough.
"Our first two starts have not been great," said Girardi. "But I expect there will be a lot of better days ahead."

tods gommini-Ray Winstone - The Sweeney Remake Scrapped_7594

monster beats-Do a better_35

nike air 2010-Minor League Spotlight- Remembering

Today I am leaving for a two week vacation to Europe. My long lost college roommate and I are going to be hitting up Spain and Italy and in Italy Vlad will be meeting up with us for a Gondola ride or two! I am super excited for this vacation and this time will actually be vacationing. We are lucky enough to have someone who will write posts for me while I am gone, Nerdphanie! You all remember her as a guest blogger! Now she is signed on as a two week blogger to fill my spot. She will bring you lots of new bags and goodies to look at. I will be posting sporadically, but not my usual four or five posts a day

Sponsored Links