View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 01:27 AM   #1
q1044861855
First Lieutenant

q1044861855 is on a distinguished road
Default Western Pennsylvania handbag designers put their artwork where their cash is

Western Pennsylvania handbag designers put their artwork where their cash is

Celebrities such as Sharon Stone, Jennifer Adore Hewitt, Ashley Tisdale as well as youthful Suri Cruise have already been observed carrying them.But it is the daily ladies who sling them more than their shoulders that imply the most to this handbag designer."I by no means forget exactly where I started," says SusanFarber,international handbag designer and Squirrel Hill native. "It's so essential to remember that. There are a lot of people in Pittsburgh who have supported me and mentored me that I won't forget."Farber, who's 1 of many nearby handbag designers, mixed a diploma in advertising from Syracuse University in Ny and years of expertise within the business world to begin her line in 2003 with an edgy and sophisticated assortment of bags and beaded belts. After just five many years, her company went global. Lamar Odom #7 Blue Jersey

Handbags are items of artwork, says designer Alison Newman, a native of England who lives in Murrysville."I enjoy the mixture of yarns, frayed silks, loosely woven cottons, shiny metal, soft velvet and sheers which will melt when heated to expose the colors and textures beneath," Newman says.She is one of a number of designers featured in the Pittsburgh Middle for the Arts gift store in Shadyside. One of her bags is made from black velvet, fused with items of silk along with other sheers and adorned with bits of metals.
A soldering iron assists create a burn-out impact. Prices begin at $40.She begins her procedure by selecting a colour scheme after which including other hues. She attaches a ladybug to every bag for good luck. Check out her items, which begin at $45, at Pittsburgh Middle for your Arts. "I believe that being Earth-conscious and eco-friendly is important to artists, and a part of our creativeness is using and reusing supplies," says Gross, who teaches a recycled-fashion style class in the Neighborhood Academy in Garfield. "Also, a lot of artists don't have cash, so reusing materials is really a method to assist save cash. All of us appreciate the local assistance we have obtained." ARTEST #37 blue jersey

Supporting one of your personal is why Patricia Goettel, proprietor of Patricia Boutique in Mt. Washington, carries handbags created by Christina Roselle of Monroeville.
Roselle styles and manufactures handbags made from leather, carpet, fur and materials. She often makes use of recycled fabrics, and will attach something, such as a coin or antique key, to a bag. Costs range from $125 to $490.
"I adore it when I see someone carrying my bag," Roselle says. "I am happy to understand one of my babies includes a home. I love to talk with the person and see what they think about the bag. I think handbag making is really a misplaced art. We are trying to protect it."
q1044861855 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links