View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 07:13 PM   #3
Pedygresy

Default Minecraft Worlds,Textute packs,Latest versions , Tips And Tricks

If you haven’t actually played Minecraft by now, you’ve probably at least heard the buzz about it. Perhaps the astonishing sales numbers, or the guy who built a working CPU with game blocks, or the attack on their servers from angry script kiddies. If you haven’t tried it, imagine this: if the entire world was completely endless, and made of nothing but lego blocks, what could you build? As with many things, flexibility breeds complexity, and some aspects of Minecraft can be pretty confusing. Today we’ll cover some things like art packs, migrating between OSes, and working with water and lava.

As popular as it already is, Minecraft is still in the Alpha stage of development. The information here is based on Minecraft Alpha 1.2.5. At this point, anything and everything is subject to change.
Finding Your Minecraft Data

Quite a few of the things we’ll do here today will require you to know where the application data is stored. Keep in mind, I don’t mean the location of the Minecraft exe/jar file, I’m talking about the location where it stores your saved worlds and other data.

On Linux, it’s in /home/YourUserName/.minecraft

On OSX, it’s in /Users/YourUserName/Library/Application Support/minecraft

On Windows, it can be access quick and easy by putting %appdata% in your file manager address bar. You should find a .minecraft folder.

For the rest of this post, I’ll refer to this location as the “data directory”.
Texture Packs

The recent updates to Minecraft have made this quick and easy, but for those who are new I’ll touch on it a little bit. After you’ve logged in, you’ve got the option to manage textures and skins. To install a pack, all you’ve got to do is drop the ZIP file into the data directory’s texturepacks subdirectory. That’s it, you don’t even have to unzip it.
Read more here

minecrafts.info

Sponsored Links