View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 04:32 PM   #1
garyqocl5ap
Corporal

garyqocl5ap is on a distinguished road
Default Blogs » homepros1.com

I learned tonight just how extensively my expectations as a consumer have changed, and how important it is for companies to be pro-active on the internet. When I bought my first pair of hiking boots in the ‘70s, I learned to be a loyal consumer. When that first pair of Vasque boots died, I didn't even do any research. There was nothing to research: Vasque was what I had, Vasque was what I wanted, Vasque was what I bought. After the second pair, my preferred model was discontinued, so I simply switched to another model – still by Vasque – without every questioning why my favorite model had been discontinued. Enter middle age, severely damaged feet, and a podiatrist who recommends very weird (and expensive!) shoes called MBT's (Masai Barefoot Technologies) that have curved soles shaped like the bottom of a rocking chair. With two pair of MBT shoes (walkers and sandals) purchased, I'm already in for about 500, so I consider myself a b125 good customer. After recently hiking a moderately rocky trail in the walkers, trying not to twist my ankle, I decided I was ready to consider a third pair: the MBT Kilima hiking boot with extra ankle stability. I had looked at them (lusted for them, actually) online just a few months ago, and after finishing my taxes last night finally <a href="http://www.cheap-beatsdreusa.com/ "><strong>beats cheap</strong></a> made up my mind.Â* After decades of wearing the same brand of hiking boots, I'm ready and willing to consider plopping down a couple of hundred fromÂ* my tax return for yet another pair of hiking boots, as the MBT rocker design really does prevent a lot of pain and allows me to walk further (and gives me a better workout at the same time). So, what do I find? They quit making them, and no one has them in my size any longer. And here is where I realize how my habits have changed. I simply assume there isÂ*a corporate blog where I can find a discussion of changes to their lineup, ask a question about what the replacement for the Kilima is or will be, discuss what I liked about the Kilima and what I don't like about the only other ankle-high boot in their lineup. <a href="http://www.cheap-beatsdreusa.com/"><strong>dre studio headphones</strong></a> So I google "MBT blog." Unfortunately for MBT, I most definitely did not get a hit for a corporate blog; I got a blog about MBT's by a podiatrist whose opinion of them is the exact opposite of Dr. A's: "Typically when someone comes into the office wearing MBT's, I work with them to transition out of the MBT's into a more normal type of shoe and I have never recommended MBT's as a first line of treatment." This can't be good for MBT, though it might be great for my budget. For now I'll split the difference and pack the painkillers along when I do ankle-twisting trails in my old hiking boots, and keep the MBT's I have for walks on solid pavement. But I don’t api 551 give up easily on my internet searching tonight; I keep going to try to find MBT in the social media world. Twitter maybe? No luck. There is a #MBT hashtag, but barely used and having nothing to do with MBT shoes. There are a handful of tweets about MBT shoes, but the company isn't engaged.Â* Maybe Facebook? For a minute I think I've found them: an MBT page complete with the MBT logo. I sign up as a fan and start to post my question, but something makes me check the "info" tab. It turns out this is not MBT the manufacturer; just a shoe store that sells MBTs … and Naots, and New Balance and other pricey shoes I know they would be happy to have me consider. An hour ago I was a huge fan of MBT's, and later I probably will be again. Right now, though, I'm a frustrated consumer, caught between the opinions of two podiatrists, and MBT doesn't even seem to be trying to engage me in conversation. And that's the difference between 1972 and 2009. I never would have expected Vasque to engage me in conversation in 1972 (or ‘84 or even ‘96): that was the responsibility of the retail store where I shopped. But in 2009 I do expect easy access to a company making such a specialized, expensive product. And if I can be retrained to think this way, what do you think the expectations are of the thoroughly digital generations? Lastly, I also expect MBT to be listening – and not just to an email I might send if I can find their email address, or some web form I might complete. I expcet them to be listensing here and now, where I'm speaking; on Twitter, where their product is being discussed by fans who have discovered a favorite celebrity wearing MBT's; on Facebook, where as nzs their retailers are making an effort, but are happy to sell <a href="http://www.cheap-beatsdreusa.com/"><strong>cheap beats by dre</strong></a> you something else as well. If MBT wants to be smart about social media, they will not only join the online conversation – and soon – but they will use a listening platform like ReputationConnect to keep up with what their customers are saying. Tags: B125 Bookmark:
garyqocl5ap is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links