View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 04:53 AM   #1
jfaogadg

Default The British coach's decision

Chowdhury,polo ralph lauren pas cher, a former Indian captain who had been associated with the current squad for close to five years, fell out with Houghton last month and left the team's training base in Dubai.

Bhutia,polo ralph lauren pas cher, an inspirational figure in Indian football for over a decade now, was nevertheless out of action for nearly five months before the tournament and could take the field for only 15 minutes in the last league game against the Koreans.

"This boy (Bhutia) is a great servant of Indian football," Houghton told the media in Doha after their last outing. "He has played more than 100 international matches for the country in the more-than-16-years of his career. He is liked by all his teammates and a big influence on the team. It would have been a shame if he had not played in the Asian Cup. I am happy for him."
"It's premature to say if heads will roll, but we are extremely disappointed at the performance of the team. True they were up against far better quality opposition at the Asian Cup, but then we expected the boys to put up more fight," Kushal Das, the AIFF secretary, said from New Delhi.
"The move to keep Bhutia literally robbed a youngster of the opportunity to get a feel of an event like the Asian Cup,chaussure louboutin pas cher," he added.

Dubai: While the Indian football coach and captain may be happy with the "rich experience" gained from playing in the Asian Cup in Doha,franklin et marshall, the country's apex body of the game does not quite agree.

Asked what prompted him to jump ship,maillot de football, Chowdhury said: "I have full respect for Houghton's capabilities as a coach.

Inspirational figure
The All India Football Federation (AIFF) is seeing red over the display of Bob Houghton's boys in Doha and is awaiting the findings of it's technical committee before taking any action.

However, he had no business to humiliate me as I had always served the game in an honorary capacity."
The British coach's decision, however, seemed more emotional than a practical one — and has been drawing a lot of flak back home.
"We are now awaiting the reports of both our technical committee as well as that of Asian Football Confederation (AFC) which will be tabled before the working committee for suitable action.
While the luck of the draw pitted India against Asian superpowers like Australia, South Korea and Bahrain in the same group, quite a few eyebrows were raised over coach Houghton's persistence in keeping Baichung Bhutia in the squad — despite the fact that the skipper was struggling to recover from serious hamstring and calf muscle injuries.
Das told Gulf News the federation had pulled out all stops for the preparation of the team — both in terms of budget and logistical support — since they had qualified for the Asian Cup finals after 27 years.
"I would say both Bhutia and Houghton have taken the country for a ride. A person with basic knowledge of sport will tell you that for somebody who is already 34, it's very difficult to recover from injuries in the calf muscle as well as hamstring — both being running muscles," remarked a candid Pradip Chowdhury,polo ralph lauren, former manager of Indian team.

"All I can say is that we have taken cognizance of the lacklustre performance,nike mercurial vapor, coupled with some other issues,polo ralph lauren," said Das, a senior administrator who had held the position of Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the International Cricket Council (ICC) in Dubai before.

相关的主题文章:

then avoid Easy Virtue.

The plan was to bat properly

The suspects would lure victims with their claims

UNITED NATIONS, Jan. 6 (Xinhua) -- UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said here Wednesday that "Afghanistan will remain one of our main priorities in 2010," and the relations between Afghanistan and its international partners "must be reevaluated."

Sponsored Links