View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 12:29 PM   #19135
skjda352

Default Microsoft Office 2007 blog best-comments-heard-at-

As you loyal viewers know I am fairly open to constructive criticism about Microsoft, and there is no finer location on earth to acquire people today who request the “tough” questions than in a Meet the Company Presentation on a college campus. College students are my favorite - which is why I recruit them. They are honest, bold, sometimes misinformed,Windows 7 Activation, and sometimes they hit the nail right on the head. In my school set we have visited 20 schools already this year,Office Professional 2007, and without a doubt the best comments and concerns arrive from these presentations. A lot of times, when I'm at a school and the crowd seems a bit timid, I ask everyone to tell me their favorite Microsoft rumor, “horror” story,Microsoft Office 2007, or myth they’ve heard. Then I spend the next 20 minutes trying to answer them to the best of my ability. Most times, I don’t even need to inquire because the students bring them up on their own. I wanted to share some of my favorites that I have heard/been told/seen at a presentation. Maybe it’s something you’ve been thinking- or maybe you were the one who asked it! MY FAVORITE SEVEN THINGS SAID/ASKED/SEEN DURING MS PRESENTATIONS THUS FAR (school names withheld, to protect the identity of the innocent): 7. “During an interview my friend said he met with 10 people, and they each asked him the same question over and over just using different verbiage--- the same question. Is that true?” Typically, our interviewers request a variety of concerns. 6. A group of “protestors” showed up, wearing Linux t-shirts and holding stuffed penguins. I love that! 5. “I heard that Seattle has the highest suicide rate in the country… do you think that has anything to do with Microsoft being headquartered there?” Ouch. 4. “Okay,Office 2007 Professional, I hate using computers—what other type of jobs would you recommend for me at Microsoft?” You might be out of luck. 3. “Are individuals at Microsoft allowed to own or use on campus I-Pods or Macs? I heard that managers take them away if you are found to have one?” Um, no, that doesn't happen. 2. “I heard that Google has more users from the Redmond, WA area than anywhere else in the country, and that the internal servers now have to block it from Microsoft users due to the fact that all employees use Google.” That’s quite the conspiracy theory,Office Enterprise 2007! 1. "Does Microsoft arrive up with any original ideas? It just seems as though you copy things everyone else does but just make a lamer version.” That was my favorite. Do you have a pressing question you wanna consult? A horror story or myth I can put to rest? Please let me know. I’m ready for it. - Janelle

Sponsored Links