View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 06:01 PM   #1
weixx188

Default Office 2007 Pro blog the-answers-to-the-puzzle-que

Many thanks to everybody who sent me e mail about the puzzle concerns from final week. I’m a little behind on email, but I’ll get back with you next week. Promise. In the meantime,Office 2007 Pro, I thought I should reveal the correct answers towards the puzzles. No sense in keeping you guessing. The answers are in white text as not to reveal too much info to those who haven't had a chance to solve them yet. Scroll over the space beneath the question to reveal the answer. Puzzle 1: What do these words have in common? Once you've identified that, take the key letter from each word. These letters in order form a six letter word. DEBRIS PNEUMATIC HONOR BUSINESS AUTUMN FAUX Answer: Each of these words has a silent letter: debriS Pneumatic Honor busIness autumN fauX. Those letters in order spell SPHINX

Puzzle 2: What do these words have in common? Once you've identified that, take the first letter that is different in each word. These letters in order form a six letter word. SUITE PEACE CEREAL DEAR SAIL DAZE Answer: Each of these words is a homophone. Comparing the pairs of words (sweet and suite, etc), the first different letters in each word are: sWeet pIece Serial deEr saLe daYs. Those letters in order spell WISELY.

Puzzle 3: These clock times spell out a common English word. What is it? Note: Exactly how they spell the word is up to you to determine.

1:25:15 2:30:15 2:30:15 1:25:15 1:25:25 9:15:30 6:00:00 11:05:05 1:25:15 3:00:00 11:05:30

Answer: Each clock time can be converted to a letter by drawing the hands on an analog clock. For example, the clock hands for 1:25:15 look like the letter E. Taken in order, the clocks spell EFFECTIVELY.

So, did you like this? Should we try to do more of this? gretchen

Sponsored Links