View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 08:28 PM   #1
kanmabeibi94

Default Microsoft Office 2007 Professional Office Labs and

Following up on Jon’s blog about questions that we are not posting about on our team’s blog, I wanted to share a new resource that just went live a few weeks ago. The new resource is called Community Clips and can be found at Unlike our other help and how-to resources, Community Clips is a portal for viewing, sharing, and discussing videos on Office products, including Word. Think of it like a YouTube for videos on helping people become more productive with Office. Just like YouTube anyone can post videos that they would like to share. I don’t know about you guys, but I learn the fastest by seeing someone perform the task that I am struggling with. Being in Office,Microsoft Office 2007 Professional, I have the luxury of just going down the hall and asking someone a question. Usually, I can just peak over someone’s shoulder and watch them accomplish the task. It’s like pressing the Easy Button. Sometimes I can’t always use the Easy Button. For example, out of curiosity I really wanted to learn some of the new ASP.Net and Silverlight technologies. Who could I ask? I could go ask the teams working on those technologies, but I don’t really have the same relationship with those guys as I do with people in Office. I did a bit of searching and discovered two really cool sites ( and that really helped me learn and pick up those technologies. Both of these sites had some really great how-to videos. These sites gave me exactly what I was looking for...an Easy Button. Hopefully you guys will come to think about Community Clips as your Easy Button. Before you go and post some videos, I would definitely recommend you check out Jen’s great post on tips and tricks on making good videos.Hope this helps.Zeyad

Sponsored Links