View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 07:50 PM   #1
bingfess9644

Default Office 2010 Professional Plus Key blog tough-choic

Carly Fiorina printed her memoir not too long ago: it is titled "Tough Choices" and it chronicles her six years as the CEO of Hewlett Packard. I make no secret of the fact that I love the stories and successes of powerful women,Windows 7 Pro, so Carly’s advice on career progression were welcome words to me. For the most part, I liked what she had to say, but there was one quote that I just can’t quite get out of my head: “Throughout my career,Office 2010 Professional Plus Key, I have never spent time thinking about the next job. I've spent time doing the current job to the best of my ability. I did that when I was a secretary,microsoft Office 2010 Serial, and I did that when I was a CEO”. I want to agree with this point, but the truth is…I don’t. At first glance it sounds good, and frankly, as a manager, if I believed this it would be wonderfully self-serving to keep all of my direct reports squarely focused on doing their current jobs and not thinking of their next career move. But I don’t think this is enough for career success. It is imperative that you think about your next career step - and even the next step after that - and that you think/question/revise your career plan all of the time. And while lots of other variables like luck,Windows 7 Code, timing and hard work play a part in helping someone get to the next step,Cheap Office 2007, it truly is the reaching for that step that allows people to know where they are going. So if I believed that just hard work and little planning would help me rise to CEO, I might put my head down and keep quiet. But I don’t. So until I get proof otherwise, you will find me making noise and planning my next few steps…and that “Tough Choice” isn’t difficult at all… -Jenna

Sponsored Links