View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 07:06 PM   #1
xianz419

Default Windows 7 Starter Manage your schedule so it doesn

the finish of 2010 I began feverishly typing to-do lists and New Year’s resolutions in OneNote. All of that planning got me thinking. How does everyone else do it? I mean, do I have OCD or is this a normal thing? started out researching. And that’s how I found the Dartmouth Academic Skills Center Guide to Managing Your Time for college students. In it, they have a planning quiz that was written for USA WEEKEND by time management expert Hyrum Smith, chairman of FranklinCovey. are their 5 steps to successful time management: Set specific academic and personal goals. Create a term calendar,Office 2010 Product Key, recording major events. Create a weekly schedule of your classes, labs, drill, meetings, etc. Decide on specific times to work on each course. Make a to-do list for each day the night before or during breakfast. #5. It looks like I’m doing something right after all. And if you need help with #2, check out Be better prepared: Create a winter quarter exam calendar. don’t know about you, but I’m constantly writing to-do lists to help me stay organized. I used to scratch out hundreds of lists on sticky notes and then shove them into my pockets. I quit that habit a few years ago when I started out using OneNote. It’s my weapon of choice when dueling with the mighty time management dragon. Not only because it’s easy to create to-do lists in OneNote, but also because I can easily find them. Now I don’t worry about misplacing those scraps of paper…or washing them in my jeans pocket. this is how I manage my schedule with OneNote: To start, I created a new notebook for keeping all my personal notes and to-do lists. I named my notebook “Personal”. To do this on the OneNote ribbon: Click File, and then New. Choose a storage location, give the notebook a name, and then click Create Notebook. Next,Office Home And Student, I created a section for my to-do lists and named it “To Do Lists”. To do this: Right-click the New Section 1 tab and click Rename. When I create a to-do list,microsoft Office 2010 License, I usually add it as a new page to this section and then title the page with tomorrow’s date (much like I would in a paper notebook). Then I write down everything I need to get done on that day. To do this: In the dotted header on the top of the page,Windows 7 Starter, type a title. The default page title is Untitled page. Finally, I start typing out what needs to get done. I use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+1 (by holding down the Ctrl key and then pressing the 1 key) to insert a to-do tag. Then I type my task.
like finishing a nagging to do item. When I’m done with a task I eagerly click the check box to mark it done. I have to admit, it feels pretty great to see all of those completed tasks at the stop of the week. couldn’t tell,Office 2010 Home And Student, I’m a huge OneNote fan. But obviously everyone manages their to-do lists differently. How do you stay organized? Leave me a comment to get this conversation began. never used OneNote before, download the free Office 2010 trial and see how it works for you. Or, sign in to Windows Live with a Windows Live ID and use the free OneNote Web App. For more great information about OneNote, check out the Microsoft OneNote blog. Bost

Sponsored Links