View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 03:33 AM   #1
benshangu71

Default Office Standard 2010 Maybe Nokia will do a Windows

Final week,Microsoft Office 2010 Pro Plus, I used to be bearish on claims, prayers and predictions that Nokia would end up offering some type of Windows Telephone gadget as part of the corporation;s line-up. But now, I;m pondering it;s not just probable, but probable.I was a skeptic for a variety of factors, rather than given that I'm a Windows Phone hater. (The fact is,microsoft Office 2010 License, I would be a Windows Phone seven operator if Verizon would make one accessible. So far, all we nonetheless know is Verizon strategies to add a minimum of 1 WP7 model to its line-up some time this year… maybe after customers stop burning up the lines to buy iPhones.)Windows Telephone 7 is nevertheless a version 1 product. Microsoft and the carriers who do offer WP7 devices still have yet to roll out the first update towards the platform. WP7s don;t offer much for business users thus far. Microsoft has delivered 2 million copies of the OS to carriers given that October 2010,Office 2007 Activation, which means fewer than 2 million devices have been sold to date. To restate the obvious, Microsoft;s smartphone platform has a long way to go to catch as much as Android and iOS.Microsoft;s decision to “lock down” WP7 handset makers, requiring them to choose among three different chassis specs, also made me leery that Nokia — the No. one smartphone provider, with its own OS and developer tools/ecosystem — would agree to abide by Microsoft;s new rules. So even though Microsoft and Nokia had forged a partnership, bringing Silverlight, Office Mobile and Office Communicator to some Symbian phones, I was definitely thinking that Nokia would go with Android over WP7.What changed my mind? It wasn;t Nokia CEO Stephen Elop;s “Burning Platform” memo — which sounded to me like the type of memo more than a few Softies have penned in an attempt to motivate the troops and/or signal a sea-change. The rumors were already swirling before the Burning Platform memo leaked that Nokia was ready to add a non-Symbian/non-MeeGo telephone platform to its stable of offerings.As an alternative, what;s got me considering I used to be wrong is a tweet from Google;s Vice President of Engineering Vic Gundrota. Gundrota;s tweet:February 11 is the date when Elop is expected to unveil publicly Nokia;s new platform directions. I;m contemplating the “turkeys” here don;t include the golden goose Google,Office Standard 2010, but more likely refer to Microsoft and Nokia. If your organization had just cemented a deal with all the established (even though slipping) smartphone leader, would you be talking turkey?If Nokia still does end up choosing Android, I;d think Gundrota might have some explaining (and apologizing) to do. If Nokia, as an alternative, has decided to go with WP7, I;d be really interested to hear more on any concessions the Softies made to get the deal done. And yes, if it;s WP7 that Nokia chooses over Android, I will be eating crow turkey….Update: A couple of folks have noted that there;s another possible interpretation with the Gundrota quote. Anssi Vanjoki,Office Home And Student 2010, Nokia;s former Executive Vice President for Markets, said the exact same thing in 2005 about BenQ buying Siemens; mobile handset home business handset internet business. Hmmm. Will Google have the final laugh?

Sponsored Links