PDA

View Full Version : beats by dre Crocodile Tears - You Would Cry Too I

prirqdorn
03-20-2011, 04:38 AM
I recently read an article regarding two crocodile skin handbags selling for $55,000. These handbags were made in New Zealand and used the skins of ten crocodiles to produce. Now I'm no Steve Irwin when it comes to crocodiles but crikey, to kill ten crocodiles to make two handbags is wrong, no, it's downright cruel. Whether the handbags sell for $55,000 or $55.00 is immaterial. To take the lives of ten living animals to cater to the fashion aficionados doesn't cut it in my book.
Irrespective of the fact that these crocodiles were farmed for just this purpose doesn't make it right. What next, breeding humans for their organs and other parts?
To make a chinchilla fur coat requires approximately 150 pelts. That's one hundred and fifty animals that must die in order to satisfy someone's desire to appear fashionable and chic. All power to the models who make a stance and refuse to wear fur on the catwalks.
With the advances made in technology it is hard to distinguish between real and ######## and I cannot understand why people give no thought to where these items have come from, the fear and suffering these animals have gone through.
Is it clothes that maketh the man or the man that maketh the clothes? I believe that it is the man who stands up and says no to animal farming for the sake of fashion is the one who defines himself as a man.
It appears that some people just have too much money and want to flaunt it. I'm not against people having money, more of us should have it, but I am against the cruelty and the idea of wearing an animal for the sake of fashion. Animals should be treated with respect and not treated as some commodity to satisfy the wants of some person wanting to flaunt their wealth to be noticed.
In 2006 China produced 4 million fox pelts and today just as many raccoon dog pelts. It is estimated that China produces 10 million mink pelts and even produces cat and dog pelts. These animals are housed in barbaric conditions - wire cages in which they cannot stand. China has no animal welfare rights at all and they can basically treat animals in any way they wish. It has been reported that many animals are skinned alive.
So I would ask that next time you consider purchasing a crocodile handbag, fur coat or even an article of clothing that has some form of fur on it, ask yourself, do I really need this, where did it come from, is there a synthetic product that will look equally as good?
I hope this article will give you cause to consider the plight of animals farmed solely for their skin and to think about your purchases in the future.
Speedy or otherwise, it works most of the time. So barring the free flow of genuine compliments, there's no telling what might happen. Like the few times I paid my even my own baby sister compliments, I usually got what I wanted, but after a while it seemed their hypnotic power gradually wore off. I soon realised that anytime I remarked on how beautiful she was, 'Thank you, mister' would be her cheeky response, laced with the killer line Manolo Blahnik Shoes (http://www.nktag.com), 'But what is it you want this time Mr Shash?' That is even before opening my gob to utter a request- so unfair. I guess at the time I needed to step up my game in the compliments arena.If a man pays a woman he adores - and in whom he has shown interest- a compliment, and does not intend lying awake all night wondering if it had the desired effect, he needs to ensure that she agrees with that compliment deep down in her heart.
That, of course, can be achieved by steering clear of surface compliments like, 'You're looking fabulous today beats by dre (http://www.meenea.com)!' because if indeed she is the super-confident type christian louboutin (http://www.nktag.com), there's not an iota of doubt that she is already aware of it prior to leaving home. Why? Well, it is no secret most women really do love their mirrors, be it the ones that adorn their wardrobes or walls or especially the hand held type, permanently resident in handbags, hence the reason most appearance-conscious women rarely leave their homes without them. For every five diva-like handbags we see in public places, there are certain to be at least three hand held mirrors tucked away somewhere. Don't forget the make-up sets to match, in case of fashion 'emergencies'. So in terms of the art of paying compliments, it would be much more effective for the man either to tell the woman concerned the good thing she hasn't yet noticed about herself, or better still to emphasise in a unique way what she already knows.