PDA

View Full Version : Adam Lippes Collaborates With Whitney Artists, Gil

4o3l2y8z2h
03-12-2011, 06:07 AM
Guests mingled amongst the Dash Snows and the Alexander Calder (I only saw one, but there may have been more), admiring Lippes’ cool collection of art, as well as the t-shirts these four artists had designed for his brand. Brannon, who was there to celebrate, got to see his work shown off by the waitstaff. All in all, it was a lovely evening for a lovely cause: A percentage of the sale’s proceeds will go to the Whitney Museum of Art, where Lippes is a co-chair.
I spent last night at Adam Lippes‘ fabulous penthouse apartment in Greenwich Village.
The occasion? We (and when I say we, I mean myself plus a very smart-looking crowd, including Meredith Melling Burke, lovely in an pleated pumpkin-colored maxi dress) were invited to celebrate Lippes’ t-shirt collaboration with four young artists selected by the Whitney–Matthew Brannon, EV Day, Ellen Harvey and Phoebe Washburn. The tees, $48-$68, will go on sale this Thursday at noon on Gilt.com.
Posted in:
News, People & Parties Adam Lippes Collaborates With Whitney Artists, Gilt Sells the Results By Lauren Sherman Wednesday, Jun 30, 2010 / 7:10 PM GMT -5
The tees will also be on sale at the ADAM boutique and the Whitney store, but for a higher price. Per usual, it’s worth logging onto Gilt if you want to get your hands on one.